Got Chicks.. Breed??

Kathryn4629

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Colbert, WA
So........

I went to a 4H chick auction yesterday and I can't figure out what the breeds are on some of the chicks. I would love some help!!

This is what was written on the boxes:

5 red assorted (CM Estes)
2 LF EE
1 Austrolop
1 CornishXBuckeye
5 Black Minoras (Theri Voss, who I think is a member of BYC)
3 Black and Blue Bantum Cochin (Michele Fults)
5 Buff (CM Estes)

All in all I got 22 birds for $28 not a bad deal IMO
Best deal was $2 for the 3 Bantum Cochins, I didn't want any bantum but they were cheap
lol.png

This chick below I am very confused on. I dont remember what box it came out of. For sure LF.

I will load more pictures of other in a little while. My internet is super slow today.

Edited to change my guess lol I just notice the feathered legs . Could it be one of the cochins? I dont think the other chickens on your list have feathered legs.

Last edited:
Easter Egger deffinitly.

Even with the feathered legs? I have EEs and never have had any with feathers on legs, crazy. I do want to say that there could have been a mess up on what was in the boxes, they had a lot of little kids messing with all the chicks.
hmm.png

Even with the feathered legs? I have EEs and never have had any with feathers on legs, crazy. I do want to say that there could have been a mess up on what was in the boxes, they had a lot of little kids messing with all the chicks.
hmm.png

lol I was editing my message while you must have commented. lol No not EE, unless its a mix. Of your list of birds only the cochins should have feathered legs. Unless like you said someone mixed them up.

I found this on the feathersite.com it is a partridge cochin. They look alot like yours.

Wow you rock
thumbsup.gif
The one on the Left looks exactly the same!! Its kind of funny that the whole reason I went to the dang auction was to get LF cochins, but they went for to much for me to afford. Wouldn't it be great if I still ended up getting at least one anyway.
lol.png

Wow you rock
thumbsup.gif
The one on the Left looks exactly the same!! Its kind of funny that the whole reason I went to the dang auction was to get LF cochins, but they went for to much for me to afford. Wouldn't it be great if I still ended up getting at least one anyway.
lol.png

Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom