Got ISA brown chooks? Could you please post picture(s) of them?

We have 4 ISA brown hens and 2 Black sex-links. They all lay a jumbo egg every day and have since they started laying at 20 weeks. Here is a picture of one, others look much the same except for one who has a lot of white in her tail and hackles. Picture is a bit blurry as she was on a dead run coming for grape treats. They are very friendly to us (no doubt due to treats) but a bit pushy with our bantam cochins. We gave them a banty rooster with attitude to watch out for them.
Welcome to BYC!!!

12082_isa_brown_hen_509.jpg

I have heard others who have had trouble with the sex-links. They are prone to internal laying, but we haven't had any trouble with that so far (fingers crossed). We tame ours with treats and handling while they are chicks so they aren't so hard to catch and are a lot calmer. We find that our hatched chicks are a lot quieter and calmer than those we had shipped in, too.

Good luck with your ISAs! You'll be having fresh eggs for breakfast soon!

This is Isabelle, our ISA brown hen. She seems to be maturing a bit faster than my other hens- 3 barred rocks and 2 rhode island reds (who actually look more like the hen pictured in the last post...). Isabelle only has a couple of white feathers and a few black ones. My other Girls still have high pitched voices, but Isabelle has developed a deep chuckle. I suspect she will be the first to give me eggs.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss243/tasymo/IMG_1210.jpg

Here are mine. They are very friendly and as another poster said, they will present you with a very large egg each morning. I also have not had any internal laying problems (touch wood). Perfect backyard chickens.
smile.png

16494_002.jpg

They all look so fantastic!

I have had my chooks for 10 weeks and I havn't had any problems with them.
I just got 2 fresh eggs today.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom