Got my 4 first Calls. Breeding Suggestions?

LostGosling

Songster
9 Years
Jul 11, 2011
I posted this in another category, but realized that it was just for chickens, lol. Need to go delete it real quick. I have 4 new Bibbed Calls: 2 Blue Drakes, a Blue Hen, and a Chocolate Hen. My Camera transfer cord doesn't work, so all I can give is a discription for now.

Chocolate Hen - Small, neat bib~Diluted Grey Call Pattern under wings, on face, and on breast~Nice Bill, size, and head~Diluted, but very visible Spectrums~White around eyes~One White Primary per wing~

Blue Hen - Small, neat bib~Diluted Grey Call Pattern under wings~Decent Bill, size, and head~Diluted, whiteish Spectrums~White around eyes that wraps around back of head~Four White primarys and I think some white secondarys per wing~

Blue Drake 1 - Medium sized bib that wraps around and meets at the back of the lower neck~Bill too long, size and head decent~Small Black patches in Spectural areas~White around eyes and mouth~No white Primarys

Blue Drake 2 - Medium sized splotchy bib~Bill slightly longer than Drake 1's~Size and Head a little worse than Drake 1's~Small Black patches in Spectural areas~Small amound of white around eyes and mouth~No White Primarys

I had originally wanted Snowys, but these guys popped up for $25 and I figured it was ment to be, lol. I do loved the bibbed Calls quite a bit, and would like to breed for better quality Chocolate Bibbed Calls. How can I go about this through creative breeding without having to buy new birds. I'm kinda broke now, lol. Thanks to all who read this, and I'll try to post pics at some point!
tongue.png

First and quick response is to hope one of the drakes carries chocolate gene and that the duck throws a chocolate drake hatchling next year for you to keep and breed back to the Chocolate duck for the 2013 season.

Thanks!
smile.png
Drake 1 has a brownish cast to his feathers, so I'm hopeing I luck out and get a good chocolate boy off him.
fl.gif
The other has a more steely look to his feathers, not a hint of any other color. He would probably be the best if I were breeding for blues. The chocolates are so pretty though, like tiny Khaki Campbells with bibs.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom