Got my first egg today from my 'Australorp' but it's white???

From the pictures I've been looking at online, I'd say she looks most like a Minorca, but I am very new to chicken keeping so I don't trust my own opinion to have much value!
lol.png
My hen's earlobes and wattles are much smaller than what I've seen on the Minorca's though, but maybe that's just because she hasn't fully matured. IDK.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm not really worried about the blood now. I'll keep an eye on her and see how it looks today.

As for the color of the egg.... maybe it didn't show well in the photo I posted, but it was definitely white. Pure white. So I did some research and now I am wondering if I even have an Australorp after all! I bought her when she was 5 months old from a local 'breeder' and I was told she was an Australorp. After looking at photos on the web, now I'm wondering if she is actually a Minorca or Black Leghorn. Any idea?

I believe that’s a Black leghorn look at the tail, the feathers are longer then an Australorp, she is also skinny yet Australorp’s are very large.

Back
Top Bottom