GOT that varmint! (Pics)

My 2 look like little farm dogs. No one would mistake them for poodles. LOL

Abby came from a little mennonite family up in the Blue Ridge on a small farm. We call her healthy farm stock and a corn fed poodle. LOL

Quote:
I have exactly ONE right now who's growing coat and in pattern. 5 out of my 6 are stripped NEKKID, just like I like 'em!
big_smile.png

Miss Prissy, My 2 look like little farm dogs. No one would mistake them for poodles. LOL

Abby came from a little mennonite family up in the Blue Ridge on a small farm. We call her healthy farm stock and a corn fed poodle. LOL

I sure hope you didnt buy your babies from a puppy mill. The Mennonite people are known for the horrible conditions they subject their breeding dogs too.

I can just imagine how peeved my doxies would be if they were "trapped". I would be suffering the consequences forever, (they forget nothing)​

The photos and story-telling in the original post were great. What a likable face that poodle has. Thank you for starting the thread.

Last edited:
The photos and story-telling in the original post were great. What a likable face that poodle has. Thank you for starting the thread

yes, I agree. Your dog is absolutely gorgeous! I love the smile on her face​

This particular dog DOES have a "perma-grin" expression!
big_smile.png
Alex's new standard poodle puppy that's his retriever for duck hunting has the same expression. I'm not telling him that it means trouble.
wink.png

Quote:
Heh. I've always thought that I was able to put up a poodle topknot simply by virtue of having lived as a pre-teen and teen through the 80's. WOW, my hair was hiiiiiiiiiigh!

Miss Prissy, can you see now why the blue and splash Orpingtons interest me so much? I've devoted years to fiddling with black and blue genetics, and working toward silver. So far, we've achieved decent conformation and brilliant attitudes and brains, and very good color...like in Kirby, here, who is the son of the two dogs previously pictured in this thread.

2421869855_b8d00493f9.jpg

2422681700_53a0c00340.jpg

I have not been able to get *quite* the conformation and movement in the silver dogs that is present in the blue/black family, yet...but it's just a matter of time, if I stick with it. I'll probably keep trying, though I don't breed very often. I'm spoiled by having an absolute DREAM of a dog in the blue sire, Reggie.

So y'all who breed those blue and splash and black Orpingtons...keep me on your list! I'll be ready for an incubator someday.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom