Got the Wrong Chicks

Faverolle Queen

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Missouri
sad.png
I ordered 5 White Sultans, 5 Salmon Faverolles, and 5 Buff Orpingtons from the Cackle Hatchery. I should of had 10 chicks with 5 toes, but I ended up with 5 chicks with 5 toes and one of them died!
hit.gif
I got the Orpingtons, but they are not buff they are blue, so hopefully the ones I got with 5 toes are the Faverolles.

So I emailed them and asked them about it and they replied with they HAD sent me the wrong birds.
somad.gif
I ended up with a mystery bird! Anyone, just make a wild guess.

27258_brownchickside.jpg

Don't feel bad. I ordered chicks from Ideal on didn't get all the chicks I ordered but I did get alot of packing peanuts. I didn't bother with calling Ideal since I wasn't 100% positive on all the ID's of the chicks I just know that all the ones I ordered weren't all there. I ordered 14 chicks and had a total of 23 chicks 11 of those chicks are roos and not a breed I had ordered.

They sounded kind of snippy in the email...said "well, what do you want a refund? Or do you want to order more chicks? We cannot replace just 5...we have to ship 15 for warmth purposes"

I replied that I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to know what the mystery chick was!!! Thought maybe someone on here had an idea.

Give up? The brown ones are Egyptian Fayoumis!!!! These grow very fast and males try to crow at 5-6 weeks! So I guess it won't be long before I can distinguish between the pullets and the roos. eh?
I had to separate them from my other chicks! They are aggressive to my yellow chicks. Even with just the 5 brown ones in a brooder by themselves...they were mean to each other. I already set them up a roost in their brooder and one or two have been using it. So I guess they do mature fast! Considering they are only 2 weeks old!

Speckled Hen~~~they told me they had to send blue orpingtons. On my invoice out beside the Buff Orpington they had wrote "blue"
And no they don't have feathers on their legs.
I really thought I had found a good hatchery. Wanted one close to home ya know. But what troubled me the most is that they didn't even apoligize for sending the wrong chicks!
barnie.gif

I have dealt with both Cackle and Ideal. I will say the hens I have from Cackle are very nice but their staff wasn't.

I just love Ideal. I get fast emails from them and I feel like Kibbie knows me personally, lol. Yes they once forgot to send me a special request cockerel but was more than happy to send one out to me with packing peanuts!

In fact, I have Red Leghorns coming from Ideal in May.

I wish you luck.

Thanks Majestic Farms! I may have to check into Ideal the next time.
BTW~~~you have some beautiful fuzz butts! I saw them on another post. Good luck to you too!
thumbsup.gif

I buy from Ideal too and they have been great. In fact i had ordered an assortment hoping to get salmon favorelles and didn't. When i talked to Shannon a couple of weeks later she told me that they wouldn't have any untill january of 2010. She put me on a waiting list. About a week later she called and told me that they had a hatch that was producing more than expected and I could get them that week. I drove the two hours to pick them up to prevent stress(the chicks and mine). I had ordered 8 chicks and when i got there Shannon threw in an extra roo and pullet for me. I'm rambling now but i jus can't say enough good about Ideal.

Back
Top Bottom