Got to do it..

James Blaine

Chirping
Apr 11, 2023
Nebraska
I'm in the process of turning an old shed and dog run into my Coop. Using so much hardware cloth inside the shed, closing up cracks where the walls meet the floor. I'm a paraplegic, My legs don't work. Leaving my wheelchair outside the shed. so I am laying on the floor, stapling the cloth. My Chickens better appreciate it lol..

I'm in the process of turning an old shed and dog run into my Coop. Using so much hardware cloth inside the shed, closing up cracks where the walls meet the floor. I'm a paraplegic, My legs don't work. Leaving my wheelchair outside the shed. so I am laying on the floor, stapling the cloth. My Chickens better appreciate it lol..
I'm in the process of building my third coop. Unless I count appreciation as them providing me with their daily eggs, I'm just out of luck! Food. They appreciate food. But being forced to eat commercial chicken feed instead of Scratch? They don't appreciate that!

Hardware cloth is awesome, but darn is it pokey! I had to do a large expanse of apron, and screwed it to 2"x4" at the base of my run, and the hardware cloth was pokey, so I ended up laying down carboard on top of the hardware cloth, and moving it as I went along. It slid well, and protected most of me and my clothes from getting torn up. You might try something like that, if you haven't already.

I'm in the process of building my third coop. Unless I count appreciation as them providing me with their daily eggs, I'm just out of luck! Food. They appreciate food. But being forced to eat commercial chicken feed instead of Scratch? They don't appreciate that!

Hardware cloth is awesome, but darn is it pokey! I had to do a large expanse of apron, and screwed it to 2"x4" at the base of my run, and the hardware cloth was pokey, so I ended up laying down carboard on top of the hardware cloth, and moving it as I went along. It slid well, and protected most of me and my clothes from getting torn up. You might try something like that, if you haven't already.
I have already checked into buying scratch from Co-op 50 lb bag for $13.something.

I have already checked into buying scratch from Co-op 50 lb bag for $13.something.
That's what I had, a 50 lb bag, it lasted me a year. A handful or two a day for 16 chickens. They love it, but it doesn't have the nutrition they need to produce large eggs and be healthy. But they won't believe me when I tell them that, they'd much rather fill up on "candy" (Scratch) than "healthy food" (their commercial chicken feed).

Back
Top Bottom