Granny's gone and done it again

Here is part of my new little pond. There is more standing water, but 4 days of no rain will dry it out.

Layer girls love the greens, but tired of the swampiness.

This is Buster Posey, cuckoo Orpington. She doesn't mind the water I guess.

Having a little bedtime snack! All except for the EE pullet who has staked her claim to a spot on the top roost.
lol.png

Going to go pick up #2. Glad it is Friday. We are all tired. Sleeping in this weekend will be nice.
wishing do I see some Welsummers?

Oh my gumdrops, Wishing4Wings, your chickens are gorgeous! So pretty! I especially like the dark one on the bottom, by the rock. so cute!!

Thank you! And welcome to BYC. The 2 brownish ones at the bottom are a Welsummer (at very bottom) and the one above her is an EE. Both those hens are going on 5 years old now. The Welsummer just gave me an egg yesterday
yesss.gif
and I am hoping the EE will start laying some of her green eggs for me when the days get longer this spring.

Do you have chickens? What breeds?

Oh ok....cool!

My girls should start laying soon..I am getting eggcited....but These shorter days have me thinking I might be waiting a while longer before I see an egg.

I'm thinking about add a light for a few hours in the early morning time.

Thank you! And welcome to BYC. The 2 brownish ones at the bottom are a Welsummer (at very bottom) and the one above her is an EE. Both those hens are going on 5 years old now. The Welsummer just gave me an egg yesterday
yesss.gif
and I am hoping the EE will start laying some of her green eggs for me when the days get longer this spring.

Do you have chickens? What breeds?

I have three chickens. I have a Rhode Island, a Golden Comet and an Auracana. The Auracana lays greenish blue eggs, the Rhode Island lays dark brown, and the Comet, well, she doesn't really lay because she is kinda underdog of my mini flock. she gets picked on a bit.
hmm.png
But I love them all to pieces. I just love chickens. I almost got welsummers too. Are they good?

I took the kids to the park today to meet up with some school friends.
They kids all had a great time..i enjoyed chatting with the other moms UNTIL
they brought up the topic of chickens.
I almost lost my sh*t. two were telling me how each year at Easter time they love to buy their kids baby chicks.
I went crazy chicken last on them!
I know people do this each year but I had never actually met someone so dumb.
I think I convinced them to NOT do this anymore...only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom