Granny's gone and done it again

On the hawk issue we had one a number of years ago fly into, and thankfully not thru a picture window at home. Mom and me heard it and we went out not knowing what hit the window in the other room, and found the hawk dazed and confused sitting upright stunned. We just stood there looking at him and after the stars cleared and he felt like it he got to moving and flew off, I think while partially out of it he decided if we were not coming to where he was we were not enough of a threat for his well being so he waited for a but. He stayed in the neighborhood for a few days after...
Lot of the time the best thing for them is to do nothing. Babies are almost always better off if they can go back in the nest. Even though you can't see the parents, they usually know where the baby is.
We've had a few birds slam into the window. Some die immediately, but mostly they are just stunned. I put them in a dog crate in the dark for a few hours and let back out when they look more alert.

How come I dont feel good today? Hmm??? Dont you hate it when you know somethings off and cant figure out what it is ?
Sounds like it might have been whatever caused your sudden weight loss yesterday.

They look nice and healthy.
You didn't show any of the girl you are keeping.

Last edited:
And hubby found a beaver on his walk. It is a young one, busy eating greenery. It may have been separated from its parents by fast flowing water.
View attachment 1806864
View attachment 1806865
My hubs saw a beaver walking across a little bridge when we had a big rain couple months ago. Must have been washed down the creek. Have lived here most of my life, and didn't even know we had beavers here. :idunno Maybe it came a long way in the high water. Hubs said it looked stunned.

He is adorable. I am selfish because it would of been hard for me to turn him over.
I dont know how they are holding friendship. It floods down there. One yr a bunch of campers got washed away.
The rain is terrible for you guys this year. Hope you get a break for awhile.

Bird rescue limits their interaction with the birds, trying to keep them as wild as possible. I think a people friendly hawk would get shot pretty quick.

That was my kidney. hurt for 2 days then peed a ton. Maybe a tiny stone again.
I asked Robert Have you ever seen so much rain? He said yes, I asked when and he responded Yesterday. :rolleyes:
He not only inherited your stubborn, he got your smart ass too. :lol:

I cant tell if this second chick is really laid back or sick too. He is very quiet even being alone. I did remember today I dont have proper feed for him. Its laying crumbles.
Layer feed isn't good for them. Too much calcium messes up their kidneys or something.

Well I didnt switch , Its just what I had. The babies in the barn are doing good and one of them is a serama. Dont as what the other 3 are. Funky birds. Right up my alley.
I would build an avery(sp) for the hawk and teach it to hunt mice .
Poor Robert. :gig I hope his life is way easier then mine . So far it has been but I hear stuff come out of his mouth that scares me. Im glad no one else has heard him. That boy has such a strong umm, dont know the right word , for people doing the right thing and it has to be HIS kinda right (how he sees things) or they are worthless people that dont deserve to live.

Well. I did witness it. Bucky going after Jesse. He still dares not to after me though. He knows better.
Jesse needs to let Bucky know who is the head rooster or he's gonna get attacked every time he turns his back.

just a smidge east and north of Lefor you have to zoom in one time I believe.
Lefor is east and south of Dickinson
Lefor looks like a one horse town. 1 bar, 1 church :gig

Im not sure. I remember cooking something the boys wouldnt eat so I took it to the chickens and they wouldnt eat it ether.
Pretty odd, my chickens will eat almost anything. Not wooly bear caterpillars though.

They look nice and healthy.
You didn't show any of the girl you are keeping.
Because he was showing the pictures for the Craig's List ad.

I just read someone that never gives starter to their chicks. They do keep them w/ the mama though. She said there is only 1% difference in protein and 3% calcium.

Layer feed isn't good for them. Too much calcium messes up their kidneys or something.
That works if you keep them isolated from the older hens. Other than the first batch which obviously had no choice, all subsequent ones (3 batches before the chicks I got Tuesday) made for the hanging feeder full of layer when they were 2-3 weeks old. Didn't matter that they had starter/grower in their brooder area (which the older girls liked to raid).

Back
Top Bottom