Granny's gone and done it again

I think I need to build some breed pens after all, to try to isolate who's throwing white toes in the honas. Theoretically a pen that's 5x10 can fit 5 birds, right?

I think so, I just don't want to have to worry about food and water in more pens. The cockerel my favorelle threw was gorgeous

Here is his picture. He was still very young.

Last edited:
Roos do. Any splashes of color on the wings?

almost the whole bird is red

Any brassy feathers in wings or hackles? Shiny feathers? That bird should be full grown by now huh?

I think I need to build some breed pens after all, to try to isolate who's throwing white toes in the honas. Theoretically a pen that's 5x10 can fit 5 birds, right?

that would be 10 qf per bird.  its 3 for coop and 10 for run??  But your SH are a smaller breed.

Right and right. At the moment they are 9 birds in a 10x10 run with a 6x4 coop inside it. They don't seem stressed, but they do get bored. I need to try to seed it for them.

I think so, I just don't want to have to worry about food and water in more pens. The cockerel my favorelle threw was gorgeous

Here is his picture. He was still very young.

Gorgeous! What was he mixed with?

h20, Is that your pup in your avatar ? Its so stinking cute.
fish tank recommended cleaning . 10%water change once a week. If it evaporates that fast I just add. at that time I rinse the filter cartridge out good or replace it. It has hardly even needed a complete cleaning and doing so can kill the fish. There is a vacuum hose that goes in the gravel that sucks poop and whatever up without getting the gravel that is good to use when you do your 10%. Mare would know more .. @Ol Grey Mare

Any brassy feathers in wings or hackles? Shiny feathers? That bird should be full grown by now huh?
Right and right. At the moment they are 9 birds in a 10x10 run with a 6x4 coop inside it. They don't seem stressed, but they do get bored. I need to try to seed it for them.

is that bright shiny orange what you call brassy ? thats the saddle. thats all I remember too except its butt is very fluffy . Like my hens when they are about to lay.
I think for those SH you have plenty room and then some. Dont you let them free range too ? They can use even less if you do.

h20, Is that your pup in your avatar ? Its so stinking cute.  
fish tank recommended cleaning . 10%water change once a week.  If it evaporates that fast I just add. at that time I rinse the filter cartridge out good or replace it.  It has hardly even needed a complete cleaning and doing so can kill the fish.  There is a vacuum hose that goes in the gravel that sucks poop and whatever up without getting the gravel that is good to use when you do your 10%.  Mare would know more .. @Ol Grey Mare

No just a picture I found online.

Yeah sounds like not that much work.

But we aren't into chick season yet. I have two orders placed for chicks and eggs plus what I hatch here. Golfing went broody last year. She was a good mom.

is that bright shiny orange what you call brassy ?  thats the saddle. thats all I remember too except its butt is very fluffy . Like my hens when they are about to lay.  
I think for those SH you have plenty room and then some. Dont you let them free range too ? They can use even less if you do.

The saddle is right we're you would think a saddle would be. The feathers are very pointy.

Back
Top Bottom