Granny's gone and done it again

Granny, I carried dh to emergency room yesterday. He has cellulitis in his foot & the infection has run his blood sugar up to 450. They admitted him & is on his 3rd bag of iv antibiotic & being given insulin shots. His blood sugar has not gone below 320 yet. Dr hasn t come yet this morning but 3 doctors saw him yesterday. They have done test for blood clots & blood flow in his legs.

Oh no, I will pray for a fast recovery.

It's bad. U don t want to see it. Been given morphine for pain.
Thanks for the prayers,H20. Dr said it was good we got here when we did that it could have become gangreen. He wanted to turn around & go home half way here. Glad we didn t. We're at a bigger(better) hospital an hour from home.

Last edited:
Thanks for the prayers,H20. Dr said it was good we got here when we did that it could have become gangreen. He wanted to turn around & go home half way here. Glad we didn t. We're at a bigger(better) hospital an hour from home.

I am so glad you made him go. How scary. I am glad you took him o a big hospital. What city are you in?

did it come fast or has he been hiding it ? He sounds like my DH. I will pray for him too Jane. I hope you are resting some.
hugs.gif

Jane, I was tuck at a big hospital once without a dime in my pocket and I asked to talk to their social worker. She gave me free meal tickets . I dont know if they do that where you are or if its something you would be interested in but it wouldnt hurt to ask.

Granny, I carried dh to emergency room yesterday. He has cellulitis in his foot & the infection has run his blood sugar up to 450. They admitted him & is on his 3rd bag of iv antibiotic & being given insulin shots. His blood sugar has not gone below 320 yet. Dr hasn t come yet this morning but 3 doctors saw him yesterday. They have done test for blood clots & blood flow in his legs.
Jane, praying for your DH. How scary to get so serious so quick. Good thing you are more stubborn than he is, and made him go to the hospital. Take care of yourself too and watch out for those hospital germs.
hugs.gif

We re fine, granny. Won t hurt critters to go without for a day. They have done it before. Dd got her tax money yesterday. She said she would give me some when she came. I have a few $s. I'm just frugal & would rather eat pbj sammies.

Back
Top Bottom