Granny's gone and done it again

Most people realize it's a good idea to get. But where I am there are very few regulations. No registration, no leash law. You can shoot any animal on your property for any or no reason, even if it has tags. Some folks have tons of dogs that have never had a medication. They use packs of curs for hunting feral hogs and beagles for rabbits, so having multiple dogs is not uncommon.
love.gif
Having a pack of hounds is my dream.

And a black arabian. So I look awesome while I hunt yotes
cool.png

Someone high on drugs tried to break in our house. I was only one home. 20 years ago. Our 2 blue tick hounds treed him up the steep bank across the road & bit him in the buttocks. His mom came the next day to ask if they had their rabies shot. Am glad they did as they would have probably sued us.

Someone high on drugs tried to break in our house. I was only one home. 20 years ago. Our 2 blue tick hounds treed him up the steep bank across the road & bit him in the buttocks. His mom came the next day to ask if they had their rabies shot. Am glad they did as they would have probably sued us.
th.gif
BEST. DOGS. EVER.!!!!

Parvo is a horrible thing camping. He got sick so fast. We are so very lucky he made it . I will never miss puppy shots again.  I dont like them, dont agree with them and it almost cost him his life. If not for his angel he would be dead.  And to catch it just out of the blue like that.   He still is a very sick pup . and I have to be careful of what he eats  But he will make it.  And a $6.00 shot compared to a good sized hospital bill its just not right and to make him suffer like he has.

Is parvo not an obligatory vaccine in the US?

Nothing is obligatory.

Even rabies??

Most people realize it's a good idea to get. But where I am there are very few regulations. No registration, no leash law. You can shoot any animal on your property for any or no reason, even if it has tags. Some folks have tons of dogs that have never had a medication. They use packs of curs for hunting feral hogs and beagles for rabbits, so having multiple dogs is not uncommon.

In Israel it's obligatory! , only after it gets the Rabies shot the owner get the registration.
Keeping a dog without the registration could get you 6 month in jail and a big penalty!
We have a list of 8 dangerous breeds (dangerous by the eyes of law) that you can't keep. Keeping them can get you up to 1 year in jail.

Parvo is a horrible thing camping. He got sick so fast. We are so very lucky he made it . I will never miss puppy shots again.  I dont like them, dont agree with them and it almost cost him his life. If not for his angel he would be dead.  And to catch it just out of the blue like that.   He still is a very sick pup . and I have to be careful of what he eats  But he will make it.  And a $6.00 shot compared to a good sized hospital bill its just not right and to make him suffer like he has.

Is parvo not an obligatory vaccine in the US?

Nothing is obligatory.

Even rabies??

In Israel it's obligatory! , only after it gets the Rabies shot the owner get the registration.
Keeping a dog without the registration could get you 6 month in jail and a big penalty!
We have a list of 8 dangerous breeds (dangerous by the eyes of law) that you can't keep. Keeping them can get you up to 1 year in jail.

I'm in support of stuff like that. Lots of dogs around here just roam sick and hungry. It's despicable. Three years ago in May we had 9 dogs, only 2 were ours. We got them all taken care of and adopted, then in September we had 7 new strays. It was outrageous.

We are way out in the country. Animal control won't come out for strays and if we call the sheriffs department they suggest we shoot it. :/ it's like the Wild West.

I'm in support of stuff like that. Lots of dogs around here just roam sick and hungry. It's despicable. Three years ago in May we had 9 dogs, only 2 were ours. We got them all taken care of and adopted, then in September we had 7 new strays. It was outrageous.

We are way out in the country. Animal control won't come out for strays and if we call the sheriffs department they suggest we shoot it.
hmm.png
it's like the Wild West.
Poor dogs
sad.png
And I don't even really care much for dogs - but mostly when they don't have a job.

We are way out in the country. Animal control won't come out for strays and if we call the sheriffs department they suggest we shoot it. :/ it's like the Wild West.
sorry for bumbing in :oops:

I agree with Israel on all but one thing, the breed ban. Unfortunately in the US certain groups are trying to make the ban to were no human can own animals or kill innocent breeds because of human actions ^^;

Sorry, my big mouth.

Our oldest blue tick was a stray. He had a collar but no ph no on it. We think he was a deer hunting dog. He bred our black & tan. She had 1 pup-blue tick like his pop.

Poor dogs :(  And I don't even really care much for dogs - but mostly when they don't have a job.

My dogs stay very busy warming my feet. :love

Back
Top Bottom