grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
wishing4wings, poultry swaps are good for more then chickens. its where i picked up the crd/mg at. you can even bring it home on your shoes.

Arrrrg. Terrible stuff. There aren't any swaps near here that I know of. I put an ad on craigslist this morning. Got one reply, but he hasn't responded back, so maybe not too serious. The best place to sell unwanted chickens is the local feed store. Chicken guy gives them a thorough once-over, he won't take obvious sick or infested birds, and the cages are kept very clean, but I would still quarantine when buying birds from unknown sources. They didn't have any open cages today, so I am to call back tomorrow to see if I can drop them off there.

If you won't let me send you cockerels (believe me, you'd be doing me a favor by taking them!) maybe I can send you some eggs when you get a spring broody. Although, I have heard that Serama eggs don't do well with shipping, but it would be worth a try. We'll just eat them otherwise.
tongue.png
I think you'd really like Seramas.

i thought seramas were a bit hard to come by? here they are any way. all farmers and amish and all they want is duel purpose birds

1-2 4-5 8-14  the ages, i will attempt the names. lol oldest to youngest. Kristopher, Konner, Kayden, Keller, Kolten, Keegen.   I seriously dont know what is wrong with people and these names !!  i cant keep one straight much less a mess like this !

Goodness. Alphabetical order would have been helpful :)

Got to try and build a new coop door today. I was handy enough to build something that keeps the hole for people to walk through but it's wobbly and sticks, especially in winter which is coming soon! Wish me luck.

talk about sticking, my computer is sticking bad. takes 5 min. to be able to post. shock wave not responding or loading ? any way , katbriar i bought a used store door and made the frame to fit it. the kind that the window slides up and down. then i took the screen out. human and pop door all in one. think i paid 10 dollars for it at a junk store/flea market good luck to you
fl.gif

I have 2 bantam Cochins that are very friendly and very broody. My husband really likes large birds too. We went to a poultry show a couple of years ago and he was drooling over the Brahmas and JGs and Langshans. Poultry shows are dangerous places. Maybe some day we'll get some, but we'd have to enlarge the doors and nests in the coop which was built to accommodate mid-size hatchery hens. I'm looking into getting some good quality Orpingtons from a breeder who has way too many and is selling pullets cheap. Those will be bigger than most of my layers, but I think most of it is fluff.

I agree about the small birds, small eggs, but found I really like the bantams. You can squeeze a lot in a small space!

This one sure is pretty! I like the medium crests. I feel sorry for some of those Polish that can't see where they're going.
tongue.png

I think that one turned out to be a boy. He's around here somewhere picking on the black and red roosters. LOL I have several black and red roosters who think they are the cock of the walk. LOL

Granny you need to pm Nifty Chicken and let him know whst is going on. Duluthralphie and I had a similar problem last week and somehow it got fixed.
where you been?
old.gif
lol its playing music too !!! i think its the ads on the side that just keep coming on by themselves. spooky

Granny, I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow (if it is still on) and you rest up some so that you can keep entertaining us with your stories. Get plenty of rest and follow orders. Takes care, Kim

my son went with his friend to grocery shop, there is chocolate all over the kitchen !!! I have finally done something right.
lau.gif
looks as i may exist next week on donuts and pb m&ms. I woke this morning to find my husband standing in the kitchen looking upset. I thought he was having heart issues again, scared me. i was instantly awake as i ran to him. whats wrong, i ask? he says , " I dont know, I feel funny", like funny how? "Nervous and shaky " aww, i think he is worried about me
love.gif
Nope, his sugar was high. he had been into the junk already. it was 430 (his sugar , not the time)
rant.gif
sometimes its hard to feel sorry for someone that knows better but i smoke and i know better so what can i say? ( no, im not gonna say that) the only reason he quit smoking was because he had a stroke and forgot he smoked. Well, tomorrow is the big day ! no one will be able to call me a heel. lol half of one maybe I am so nervous i slept the day away. again.i did go outside today, went to wal-marts and picked up a nice sheet set. I didnt like the first ones i bought they kept popping off . dont like the color of these but i think they are good ones. I wanted seafoam or green blue or flowers . no one makes flowers anymore. i got puke green. dummys down my room. ha !! just talked to all my grandbabies. they all wished me good surgery tomorrow except for one that wished me good cancer.
love.gif
LOL, not as strange as it sounds. his big brother age 8 had the cancer . wilhms tumor. they took his kidney and in a week he will be 6 yrs. cancer free ! i was told to take a shower today and in the morning, sleep on freshly laundered sheets ( got that) and make sure my clothes were fresh too. gave me a pamphlet on how to take a shower and wash my hands. it even tells you to make sure you dont forget your belly button. pretty sure my mama taught me that a few yrs. back. I have decided to take my shower at 11:55 and stay til after 12 so i can say i took my shower on 2 different days. I just dont like people telling me what to do. did they run out of betadine? they said were something comfortable so i am wearing my night gown, and nothing else. as soon as you are able to dress yourself in recovery they will let you go home. I got this. over the head and through the arms and i am out of there. I have problems with the knock out drugs, they dont ! lol last time I KOed the dr. I told them they didnt listen. got him square on the jaw. oh well, enough rambling, talk to all of you soon my friends , BIG HUGS and lots of drugs,
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom