grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mutt I have a question for you. The heeler that pearl posted a pic of last night. I know she's a herding breed . Is there any advice you could give me that could help around the chickens? I've let her out with just one and she walked around it and I told her to come. She did but she kept wanting to go back to my hen. She will come back if I call her but she's so interested in the chickens I don't trust her. Is there anything I can do to get her use to them walking around the yard. I'd love to trust her enough to have them out unsupervised but I doubt that will ever happen. Thanks.

Congratulations twist
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

^^^^^ DITTO DAT!!!!!

me too mutt. LOL you might be sorry you told us what you do as i need tons of help. Lily, of course. acts like she is blind when she starts through the house she bumps shins. very painful.
your new dog looks like Ben. beautiful eyes . how old is he/she ? I know you mentioned a therpy dog for robert . did you know i had a dog that would alert me to my sugar drops. a couple min. before i knew. I loved that dog and think of her all the time. she was a rescue from detroit dog pound. she was a mess ! english setter white/black. she was coated in poop and went under surgery like that . then they wouldnt wash her. she weighed 11 lbs. she gained a lb. a day for 11 days she walked on her hind feet. i got a muzzle collar and a back pack for her. she ate socks . she was horrid. took a yr. to get her normal. LOL first time she jumped on me and wrapped her paws around my neck I thought she was nuts. she was alerting me. she did it every time. when my mother moved in with me she brought her little dog and she forced me to get rid of my bambi. I have never felt that way about another dog and still wonder if she lives or had a good life. I kept her collar. I took her to a dog shelter in lincoln park Mi.

Good morning everyone!! It's your loyal reader here that pops in randomly from time to time. Congrats on the win twisted. Thought I would share something with you. I lost the football pool that I occasionally do with my friends. When I tried to give the winnings to my friend she begged for eggs instead. Lol never thought that my suburbanite friends would go crazy for the eggs!!! Good to know, this new found information gives me reason to increase my flock. Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!!!!
Good Morning! Howdy!
frow.gif
I don't think I have said hello to you yet! That's so funny about the eggs. I also had no clue there was such a demand for fresh eggs in suburbia! Great excuse for some good ole Chicken Math!

Mutt I have a question for you. The heeler that pearl posted a pic of last night. I know she's a herding breed . Is there any advice you could give me that could help around the chickens? I've let her out with just one and she walked around it and I told her to come. She did but she kept wanting to go back to my hen. She will come back if I call her but she's so interested in the chickens I don't trust her. Is there anything I can do to get her use to them walking around the yard. I'd love to trust her enough to have them out unsupervised but I doubt that will ever happen. Thanks.
Sorry mutt. I probably shouldn't have asked you that. I wasn't thinking. That's your profession. You do a wonderful job and it's great to see the results that come out of all of your hard work.

Morning! Heelers can be really good or really bad. Usually the later without training. There are lots of things you can do, starting with teaching the command "leave it" well away from the chickens. Here's one link to that:https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/teaching-your-dog-leave-it
Let me find you some good links from other pages too. brb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom