gray eye and kind of lethargic.

targaryen9

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2015
My ancona 2 month old chick has gray eyes and is not as active as her friends. she moves but the difference compares to the other ones is easily noticed. I checked her poop and it looks normal. Her crop was full at around 13:00 which concerned me a bit but i massaged it. her neck seems weird to me but the eyes are throwing me way off.
please if any of you know anything let me know.

Hi,

From my experience, the chicks eyes are simply changing colour - perfectly normal as they grow up, so i would not worry about that. You may wish to consider isolating her and giving her vitamin supplements / electrolytes in her drinking water and keep an eye on her. Her posture does look like she is feeling under the weather, so maybe the additions to her drinking water might perk her up a bit.

Hope this helps
Good luck
CT

She has the hunched posture of a chick with possible coccidiosis or another illness. Is she having diarrhea or blood in her poops? Is she eating? I would give her Corid in her water for 5 days. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder, per gallon of water, changed daily. Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Eye color changing to gray sometimes can be associated with ocular Mareks, but it may be normal in her. Mareks can also cause problems with immunity to common illnesses. I would at least bring her inside for a day in a crate and watch her eating and her droppings. She may also be cold from being sick, and need some warmth.

Back
Top Bottom