Gray white and pink pale comb/very light, no food in crop

SILKIEOBESSESED

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 21, 2013
fl
My BO hen of 3 years has gotten very light weight recently, even though I see her eating. Her comb is also pale pink fading into light gray and splotched with white and is floppy. She hasn't layed in about a month, and doesn't appear to be molting. Worms??? Old age?

I would try worming and check for other parasites like lice or mites. Pale comb can be an indication of anemia from parasites and worms can make them stop laying. Heat and stress can cause pale comb too, but with eating well and losing weight I would suspect parasites such as worms

my newly purchased light sussex, has had a pale pink floppy comb since arriving here. She had a dirty bottom which lead to diarrhea, plus a leaky nose, last week they all had worming tablets and I gave antibiotics, the diarrhea appears to have stopped although I haven't seen her poop, but there is no large chalky white splodges in the pen/coop, but now she has one eye shut!! She is slow to eat compared to the others, but is still eating and drinking although very little, plus she lets flies settle on her, I washed her rear end yesterday and looked for flystrike and she skin looks nice and pink. Any suggestions please???

Back
Top Bottom