Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our schools must take ASAB tests once each year in every grade level 1-12. Depending on how good of grades the kids gets correspondes to how much tax money the school gets from the state.The higher the scores,the more money is made available.This year was the first time our school districts average went down enough to lose significant funding.So the kids in each class are divided up into 3 groups,the high scoring ones,average and the below average ones.The lower two catagories the teachers has specific instructions on testing these kids.One group the teacher is supposed to actually read the question to the students, and the lowest groups they actually tell the correct answer,all the kid has to do is mark it right on the test.
Our area benefits huge tax money from a wind farm that became operational 3-4 years ago,so our district still has plenty of funding.Our state is so far behind with tax money already I doubt they will ever catch up.We are somewhat lucky here as most all land raises corn and soybeans. Not much valueless land a at all,so taxes are assessed by the fact you can raise and sell crops off most all of the and in my county.
Bluebonnet,,I'm kinda leaning with you on if you decide to have children,you should be ready to support them,no matter what. It was me and my wifes decision to have a child,noone told us we had to,thus noone else should be responisble to support him or her. Granted no child has a choice about entering this world. Noone can choose their parents. Yet we all know someone who should never have been allowed to have any children. To walk away from a child in need is something I cannot due.But using my tax dollars to help rehab the childs mom or dad from life long addiction to drugs,knowing what causes pregancy and how to prevent it,and giving them a welfare handout is something I hate.I don't know how to draw a line but these children and people is what scares me during a major catastrophic event.
I didn't know schools gave the Armed Services Aptitude Battery, a test devised by the DoD to all 12 grades, it was for 10th grade plus for those whom thought they wanted to go in the military when I was in school.

I didn't know schools gave the Armed Services Aptitude Battery, a test devised by the DoD to all 12 grades, it was for 10th grade plus for those whom thought they wanted to go in the military when I was in school.

They don't as no such battery exists. Ulness your referring to ASVAB which is Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. In which case that sounds like conscription

If there is a recession in the US in 2016 they will have talked themselves into it IMO.

Let's see, our President is busy meddling with the South Sea drama between China and Japan, meddling with affairs between North and South Korea, meddling with Ukraine and Russia, meddling with pretty much every African country for various reasons, has effectively dragged us into the endless quagmire that is the middle east between Syria, Israel, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt and Libya, and when not busy meddling in the affairs of every country in the world is busy wiretapping our allies, to foster distrust and resentment towards us from pretty much the rest of the entire world.

Yet if we get into a second Great Depression, it will be because we have talked ourselves into it?

I agree! If we get into a second Great Depression, it is because we let our President talk us into it and WWIII besides!

Not to mention the president exploding the national debt an canceling everyone medical insurance cause we need better insurance that most cant afford... All for our own good though...

Or causing all of this tension and then deciding to cut back our military to pre-WWII levels, while wanting to spend untold trillions more on higher tech equipment.

Quote:
Never mind we have issues here at home that need to be dealt with. Uncontrolled and wasteful spending. Water distribution and drought issues which means food prices going up. A president that jets all over, smiling and kissing other countries A$$e$ with promises and $ that should be kept here at home. Corporations that have been deemed too big to fail and now seem to have the right to dictate how our government is run...... All we can do is try our best to prepare our families and homes for whatever gets thrown our way. Hopefully our friends as well as families don't think we are nuts for trying to be ready......

Quote:
I haven't had medical insurance in 8 years due to not being able to afford it. Even the "new" ACA I can't afford it. More and more doctors are refusing to be part of these plans..... and it's still in it's infancy! Many people are scared. Between tensions due to income, unemployment, new insurance requirements and who knows what else.... no one knows what to do. Yet there are still those with their head in the sand.......

I hear all our local doctors retired. Just nurse practitioners left to fill in..

I think my brother is the only one I know still has insurance. He works for Kenworth. He said it messed his up to but he still has it... Everyone else seems to just be doing without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom