Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always good to have a sense of humour. You are right not to take things too seriously young or old. We have a saying:

Nothing matters very much, and most things don't matter at all! A very relaxed way to live life I think.

Always good to have a sense of humour. You are right not to take things too seriously young or old. We have a saying:

Nothing matters very much, and most things don't matter at all! A very relaxed way to live life I think.

I can't tell if you're joking because I don't know you. I think you misunderstood me. To further clarify my stand here: I definitely think humor is an important aspect in life, but I also believe that people are goofy all the time. Not cool and they need to come in for a landing. There is a time and place for joking, and I'm sorry if my post disrespected your post. Now that I read it, I can see how it would come off that way. All good?

Not at all, I didn't read any disrespect into that, I thought it was a very witty and humerous thing for you to say. You are right that people do and say daft things and it was just an illustration of how a simple event can be misinterpreted, and when that happens, some people just run with it. Sometimes even on our forums ideas get wilder and more unlikely but everyone is entitled to their opinion of course.

Not at all, I didn't read any disrespect into that, I thought it was a very witty and humerous thing for you to say. You are right that people do and say daft things and it was just an illustration of how a simple event can be misinterpreted, and when that happens, some people just run with it. Sometimes even on our forums ideas get wilder and more unlikely but everyone is entitled to their opinion of course.

And that is what makes it really interesting.

Indeed. So I rest my case. ;)

Cell phone/internet company is giving us grief.......cheaper to buy smartphones when you don't really need all that bling and bells and whistles and wanted something simple, as in texting and talking. I swear I can not believe the manlipulation those companies are doing! After all, cell phones last a bit longer than two years and next thing you know, you need to upgrade. Why keep upgrading, paying more for things you really don't need?! Hubby and I was trying to cut down to the quick, limited internet, cutting more fat off on cellphone with 3GB, unlimited text and less than 400 minutes that would roll over each mo. AND if you tried to upgrade, you would end up paying so much more by 20 to 50 dollars on top of your existing bill. We dropped landline.

My phone is aleady three years old and I would not mind a "smartphone" that only does texting and very limited talking. No internet, downloading music (heck my laptop can do all that!). I kept asking the customer service clerk if I just buy a phone like the AT&T Go phone (smartphone), take my SIMS card and pop that in. Nope, they said, because it will not work. Well, on a dare, hubby bought a Fusion (he said it is not a GO phone but looking online, it is!), he put his SIMS (regular account, not prepaid) and it worked! Now why can't I DO that with my own SIMS card. Just pure manlipulation on the company's part! You are certainly at their mercy when you simply just can not have the options to bring down your cellphone prices to the barest minimum without losing wonderful connection, great customer service, and great internet but crappy billing services that has been outsourced elsewhere than United States.

I don't see the real numbers that unemployment is way down but the food pantries and welfare has shot up.

I don't have a cell phone. Nobody is going to call me unless they want to sell something or want to collect for something they already sold me. I live a simple life. If people want to talk to me they can come over to my house, and if I feel like talking to them, I will answer the door. Most often, I don't. If I actually like them, I will put in my hearing aids.

I don't have an ipod nor a dvd player. I do have an old record player, but the kids don't like my music, so I don't play it often.

I do have cable TV, but it sucks. My wife wanted to cut down the service to save some money, so I told her to tell them to get rid of the home shopping networks and the holy rollers. She went off to the cable store and when she got back, all we seemed to have were the home shopping networks and the holy rollers. I sent her back. I have to have the baseball games.

When the season is over, so is the cable TV.

I don't have a cell phone. Nobody is going to call me unless they want to sell something or want to collect for something they already sold me. I live a simple life. If people want to talk to me they can come over to my house, and if I feel like talking to them, I will answer the door. Most often, I don't. If I actually like them, I will put in my hearing aids.

I don't have an ipod nor a dvd player. I do have an old record player, but the kids don't like my music, so I don't play it often.

I do have cable TV, but it sucks. My wife wanted to cut down the service to save some money, so I told her to tell them to get rid of the home shopping networks and the holy rollers. She went off to the cable store and when she got back, all we seemed to have were the home shopping networks and the holy rollers. I sent her back. I have to have the baseball games.

When the season is over, so is the cable TV.

I have a cell phone because of work and connecting with mother at certain times of the day.

My friends - wait, my friend doesn't grace my door with a knock because she doesn't like coming out to the country.

I have a DVD player...thats broken.

What TV? Why have TV when I have a radio?

I have a phone... I guess grandma thought I needed one.... A smartphone no less. (And for some odd reason it was $80 cheaper than a standard flip phone....) On average I might make 2 calls a week. To my parents. Or the hardware store....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom