Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my fear that we are headed to a one party country that tolerates no dissent. Disagree with the party line, and one will find themselves in trouble. Now if one expresses a contrary opinion, they are only ridiculed and put down as unsophisticated. That will change. Tomorrow that could get one in deep trouble.

Someone has to speak up when things are wrong. A nation of yes men is destined for failure.

Right now, the media puts out party propaganda and does not report negative news about our current situation. If the problem is not acknowledged, it cannot be corrected.

Those in control think they have all of the answers. They don't, but they keep trying to put the square peg in the round hole. They don't know or care that they are the source of the problems. They blame others who happen to have contrary views.

I don't know how it will end, but I am pretty sure it won't be pretty.

Until Americans grow backbones and insist that we bring back the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights to our government and high schools we are headed for trouble. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Agenda 21 but if you are not you should be. Here is a link to some information on it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...after-watching-this-you-may-not-want-to-know/

My personal opinion is that this country is headed in this direction quickly and unless something is done soon we are in trouble.

And for those benefits the government is paying. You can get covered by Obamacare at the same cost to you and lower cost to the government, with better service.

Why should a veteran who is covered by the VA system pay to get Obamacare? The Government promised these veterans health care for their lifetime and they owe it to them. Both my husband (a combat veteran) and my Father - a disabled Korean War veteran receive care through the VA system and they deserve it.

The Veterans' Administration provides health care for some veterans, but not all veterans. There are certain factors that must be met. I qualify for health care, but my brother does not. I spent time in Viet Nam, and he was stationed in Germany. Then there are degrees of coverage. Some people get free meds and others do not. It is a complicated issue.

Those with service connected medical problems get priority. So far, I have had good service from them. When I retired, I kept my insurance from my employer. That ran me about five hundred dollars a month plus paying for medicare. Then the state, my former employer, kicked in a hundred dollars a month.

This was getting very expensive. Worse, my wife's insurance with her former employer will probably be cancelled next year. She will be forced into an exchange. That will be very expensive. She has had breast cancer twice and cancer of her girl stuff once. I need to keep her insured.

So, I dropped my insurance and went with the VA's coverage. So far, it has been good. I have diabetes, and I pay a co pay on my meds. But that is cheaper than the plan I had before. The money saved will go toward my wife's coverage.

The devil is in the details.

Rufus is correct - not all veterans qualify for benefits. They do list qualifications online but the easiest way is to go to the VA and find out. There are usually service officers to help vets with questions. It is a wonderful program when used properly, as well as my husband and father I have many other family members who have benefited from the care available including a Great-Cousin who spent many years living in a VA facility following problems he sustained following a debriefing he went through.

The Foreign Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) will fall into place July lst. This law requires foreign banks to report the banking business of US citizens, spouses and children of US citizens and grandchildren of US citizens. Being born abroad does not mean one is exempt. One can be a citizen of another country and still be liable for reporting purposes and owe taxes to the US government on all income no matter where it was earned.

Green card holders are not exempt. Illegal aliens are.

Those countries that have signed on to this agreement will also received information on the banking of their citizens in the US. So far, very few of the Asian countries have signed on to the program. Those in non compliant countries will will be subject to a thirty per cent withholding on all funds passing through the US banking system. They can file and have the funds returned when they do their income tax. They have to be able to show the funds were legally earned and that taxes were paid on them. But who can wait that long for thirty per cent of their income.

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Corporations/Foreign-Account-Tax-Compliance-Act-FATCA

I am afraid that those non compliant countries will form trading networks external of the US financial system. Also, it may result in a dis investment in US companies and banking enterprises.

I guess we will know when it happens. Read about it and figure out how it will affect you personally.

The Foreign Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) will fall into place July lst. This law requires foreign banks to report the banking business of US citizens, spouses and children of US citizens and grandchildren of US citizens. Being born abroad does not mean one is exempt. One can be a citizen of another country and still be liable for reporting purposes and owe taxes to the US government on all income no matter where it was earned.

Green card holders are not exempt. Illegal aliens are.

Those countries that have signed on to this agreement will also received information on the banking of their citizens in the US. So far, very few of the Asian countries have signed on to the program. Those in non compliant countries will will be subject to a thirty per cent withholding on all funds passing through the US banking system. They can file and have the funds returned when they do their income tax. They have to be able to show the funds were legally earned and that taxes were paid on them. But who can wait that long for thirty per cent of their income.

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Corporations/Foreign-Account-Tax-Compliance-Act-FATCA

I am afraid that those non compliant countries will form trading networks external of the US financial system. Also, it may result in a dis investment in US companies and banking enterprises.

I guess we will know when it happens. Read about it and figure out how it will affect you personally.

What percentage of the U.S. population do you think this will effect ?

You seem to have misunderstood me.
Didn't I say at the same cost as they're paying now ?

As Rufus said different veterans are covered differently. If your husband is paying nothing now he would continue to pay nothing.

But why do we have different hospitals ? That is the question.

More important than cost is level of care - sorry but I for one do not trust our government to decide our health care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom