Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: If you don't have all the true facts should you be commenting like this ?
Did you see the size of the guy that got shot ? If he was hitting me and I had a gun I would legally shot him, someone attacking you doesn't have to be armed for you to legally shot them.

Quote: So what one of the 20 hours jobs did he take ?

Dennis don't confuse the poor souls with the facts. Bless their hearts......

You can not group a whole class of people off the actions of a very very small percentage of bad apples. That would be like blaming ALL Christians for the beliefs of the KKK.

'Those' people are in all classes, religions, races, creeds, tax brackets, and forums, ad nauseum.

"Those people" referred to those that looted and burned. There was no mention of religion, race, creed, tax bracket etc.

Quote: If you don't have all the true facts should you be commenting like this ?

Did you see the size of the guy that got shot ? If he was hitting me and I had a gun I would legally shot him, someone attacking you doesn't have to be armed for you to legally shot them.

Quote: So what one of the 20 hours jobs did he take ?

Dennis don't confuse the poor souls with the facts. Bless their hearts......

Sorry, I'll try and control myself next time.
cool.png

No matter what he did, an officer does not have the right to use deadly force on someone who is not armed, is not posing a threat, and who has his hands up.

Well, we know from the security tapes that he roughed up the store clerk. And the story is that he did the same with the cop and also tried to disarm him. We will probably never know the truth about that unless somewhere there is a tape or a record of the confrontation.

It is sad that someone died, but stealing cigars is not good behavior nor is roughing up the clerk. I guess it is all about how crime is viewed in different cultures. They say it was only a box of cigars, but in some cultures, that would get his hand lopped off. Attacking a policeman would get his head lopped off.

So far, hubby has not found a job here in Decatur, IL area. He even went out of town. Sure there are jobs out there but only 20 hours or less and mostly service areas. Nothing concrete of secured, productive employment.

He could pretend to be an illegal alien. The latest is that almost all of the supposed job growth went to "immigrants" - illegal, legal, etc.

Meanwhile, it seems that there are more arrests in Oakland going on as I post this.

I'm trying to figure out why it is acceptable for Mexico to drastically restrict the employment of foreigners and to have the military on its southern border, but if the US tries to give preference to citizens and puts the National Guard on our southern border, they make formal diplomatic protests.

Well, we know from the security tapes that he roughed up the store clerk. And the story is that he did the same with the cop and also tried to disarm him. We will probably never know the truth about that unless somewhere there is a tape or a record of the confrontation.

It is sad that someone died, but stealing cigars is not good behavior nor is roughing up the clerk. I guess it is all about how crime is viewed in different cultures. They say it was only a box of cigars, but in some cultures, that would get his hand lopped off. Attacking a policeman would get his head lopped off.

I wasn't there but several witnesses came forward to say he was not resisting and that he had his hands up when he was shot. I can tell you the cops in this state have a real sense of empowerment and due to the good old boy network they are seldom held accountable for their actions.

No matter what he did, an officer does not have the right to use deadly force on someone who is not armed, is not posing a threat, and who has his hands up.

Actually, it appears he weighed 250 pounds, was over six feet tall, and was attacking the officer. People who aren't armed kill other people each and every day. Real violence and TV violence have nothing in common. If someone is attacking you and won't back off, you have a right to defend yourself, no matter how hard the attacker is trying to turn his life around. Facetiousness intended. Every thug arrested or killed in this state is always turning his life around - the unanswered question is just what are they were turning it towards?

Have you seen the video of him choking out the store clerk?

Meanwhile, the Oakland PD behaved as those who justify thugs would prefer. An officer was beaten during the demonstrations there and is in the hospital. No pepper spraying or shooting violent thugs allowed in Oaktown - although rioting thugs pepper sprayed and assaulted police throughout the evening.

Meanwhile, the demonstrations have grown in East. St. Louis on the Bay. It seems that today the protestors in Oakland include groups protesting the unloading of an Israeli ship and the Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians, anti-police brutality, and two or three other causes. I believe the dancing bears and acrobats arrive tomorrow.

This is definitely turning into the Swiss Army Knife of riots. From peaceful protest to riot the minute there is something worth looting, and now "people's justice" against one of the businesses concerned about vandalism, damage, and disruption caused by the tendency of too many individuals to turn First Friday Art Murmur into First Friday graffiti, steal, get drunk, and assault. We've now added the cause of those vigorously supporting the right to be a violent drunken bum in public.

Anyway, here are a few gems from the Occupy Oakland website at http://occupyoakland.org/:

One person’s description of last night’s protest march, which began at Oscar Grant Plaza, went down towards the Police Station on 7th & Broadway, back to OGP and eventuallyal the way up Telegraph Ave (with a detour around the cops) to UC Berkeley.
Last night Oakland took to the streets in solidarity with #Ferguson MO. It was one of the most intense marches I’ve been on. The police showed up looking for a fight from the beginning, blocking our way and forcing confrontations. At one point, a particularly perturbed pig lunged at us grabbing two of my friends and took them to the ground. The crowd responded with actions, not just cameras and words. I didn’t see where it came from, but at some point during the scuffle the aggressive officers were maced, freeing the two protesters from state violence.
The march continued all the way to the UC Berkeley campus, even though pigs from at least 3 different departments made attempts to disperse the group. Banks and other symbols of capitalism were attacked, gentrifiers were harassed and the pigs gained many new enemies as students and neighbors alike were treated like prisoners, not being allowed to move freely through their streets.
Windows of kono, a business that is threatening the freedom of first Fridays, Oakland’s monthly art fest, just smashed.
— Occupy Oakland (@OccupyOakland) August 16, 2014

Occupy Oakland @OccupyOakland Follow
11:40 PM people chanting **** the police in Berkeley marching down telegraph towards university
11:35 PM - 15 Aug 2014

Last edited:
If you don't have all the true facts should you be commenting like this ?

If you don't have all the true facts should you be commenting like this ?
According to witness statements taken right after the incident, and there were several of them, he was not attacking the police, he was not resisting, and he had his hands up when he was shot. There were no independent witnesses that corroborated what the police said happened. Between believing the cops in this state and believing the witnesses, I believe the witnesses. As for the true facts, I was quoting local news sources who, by the way, have had their own run ins with the local law enforcement officers. Our cops don't like those nosy reporters and they like citizens taking pictures of them even less.

Actually, it appears he weighed 250 pounds, was over six feet tall, and was attacking the officer.
Witness statements in the local press contradict what the police are saying. All of them say he was not attacking the police and that he had his hands up when he was shot. Now, that is what I heard on the local news. The local reporters aren't happy with the cops either, by the way. Several of them got arrested. I didn't tune into the national news so I have no idea what was broadcast there..

According to witness statements taken right after the incident, and there were several of them, he was not attacking the police, he was not resisting, and he had his hands up when he was shot. There were no independent witnesses that corroborated what the police said happened. Between believing the cops in this state and believing the witnesses, I believe the witnesses. As for the true facts, I was quoting local news sources who, by the way, have had their own run ins with the local law enforcement officers. Our cops don't like those nosy reporters and they like citizens taking pictures of them even less.

I am so sorry, but eyewitness testimony is one of the most inaccurate forms of evidence. People will state that the offender was black when the camera clearly shows he is white, and vice versa.

You have no idea of how many supposed "witnesses" felt that the police overreacted when they used forcible methods to try and stop an individual who had already killed to traffic officers who had stopped him.

I am sorry someone died, but I've reached a point in my life when I feel like if one insists on being disruptive, such as blocking traffic, or choking out store clerks, one shouldn't be particularly surprised if chaos comes into your life. I suppose it probably is related to the fact that it seems the laws aren't enforced equally, and how my neighborhood had to put up with illegal alien gangsters, and when we asked cops and the city to do something about it - I think it is sort of embarrassing to have drug dealers doing business within a block of the Junior High School - we were supposed to put up with it because the poor criminal psychopath could be deported if convicted and that could "break up a family" while no one gave a rodent's rump about what happens to the families of the people the thugs murder. The last time I checked, being murdered sort of permanently disrupts one's family life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom