Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is directed at everyone, not any'one'...
Your 'forefathers' came over here on BOATS expecting the same thing, and look what the American Indian got for giving YOU a helping hand. The 'Mexicans' or Illegals, as you label them, were here before ALL of you and your 'people' shoved them back in the 'corner' of the country and acted like you 'deserved' (through genocide, slavery, oppression, etc.) one of the biggest 'hand-outs' in world history.
I can't un-see the flaw in that logic...and, I would bet, again, almost all of you have taken a 'hand' out from the government, in one form or another (taxes, including the refunds, write-offs etc.), and who here hasn't, or if it's still here, will be, excepting Social Security (the biggest hand out in modern US history) then there is farm subsidies, unemployment...etc. etc. etc.
If the US didn't have immigrants, PAST and PRESENT, we would still be a third world entity. You have gotten pretty much everything you have, due in large part(s), to immigrants.
Lady Liberty told ALL of you to share ...in her freedom, your constitution tells you that we are ALL created equal! Your God tells you we are ALL His children!
Get over it. If we used a case by case 'basis', you would be the 'first' to go.

Well, we all are children of immigrants, even the Native Americans. I live in a community that is basically all Mexican. We had hoped for a resolution of the problem. It appeared the goal was near, but then all of these kids from Central America showed up. Mass immigrations do not happen without planning, financing and organization. This has an intellectual author somewhere. Someone is behind this.

Our nation cannot afford to raise and educate all of these kids. Worse, the government does not care one whit for them. They drop them off penniless at a bus station in 110 degree heat. That is a planned recipe for disaster.

Worse, it is robbing the countries of Central America of their future. Whoever is behind this is a truly evil person. I feel for those kids; they are the victims of some evil politician.

Well, we all are children of immigrants, even the Native Americans. I live in a community that is basically all Mexican. We had hoped for a resolution of the problem. It appeared the goal was near, but then all of these kids from Central America showed up. Mass immigrations do not happen without planning, financing and organization. This has an intellectual author somewhere. Someone is behind this.

Our nation cannot afford to raise and educate all of these kids. Worse, the government does not care one whit for them. They drop them off penniless at a bus station in 110 degree heat. That is a planned recipe for disaster.

Worse, it is robbing the countries of Central America of their future. Whoever is behind this is a truly evil person. I feel for those kids; they are the victims of some evil politician.
I agree with Rufus........What's happened in the past century or more is different than today's world. Back then, USA had plenty of room, jobs and more room for expansion. Today, we are more crowded, every resources have been tested and pushed to the limit. I agree it has to be planned and organized but without it, we are all overwhelmed by the mass exodus of immigrants coming in.

Simply put, we can not afford it.

If those immigrants come here, get legalized as citizens, they will contribute their share in the taxes and donations just like everyone else.

I feel sorry for the kids but at what point will we have to say "STOP!" when our resources are being overwhelmed?

Witness statements in the local press contradict what the police are saying. All of them say he was not attacking the police and that he had his hands up when he was shot. Now, that is what I heard on the local news. The local reporters aren't happy with the cops either, by the way. Several of them got arrested. I didn't tune into the national news so I have no idea what was broadcast there..

Then why did the initial reports indicate that the officer was treated at a local hospital for injuries sustained in this "altercation?"

This is directed at everyone, not any'one'...
Your 'forefathers' came over here on BOATS expecting the same thing, and look what the American Indian got for giving YOU a helping hand. The 'Mexicans' or Illegals, as you label them, were here before ALL of you and your 'people' shoved them back in the 'corner' of the country and acted like you 'deserved' (through genocide, slavery, oppression, etc.) one of the biggest 'hand-outs' in world history.
I can't un-see the flaw in that logic...and, I would bet, again, almost all of you have taken a 'hand' out from the government, in one form or another (taxes, including the refunds, write-offs etc.), and who here hasn't, or if it's still here, will be, excepting Social Security (the biggest hand out in modern US history) then there is farm subsidies, unemployment...etc. etc. etc.
If the US didn't have immigrants, PAST and PRESENT, we would still be a third world entity. You have gotten pretty much everything you have, due in large part(s), to immigrants.
Lady Liberty told ALL of you to share ...in her freedom, your constitution tells you that we are ALL created equal! Your God tells you we are ALL His children!
Get over it. If we used a case by case 'basis', you would be the 'first' to go.

Really?

I don't recall my ancestors receiving free breakfast, free lunch, or free anything from the tribes. I do recall that one indigenous person, who spoke English and had lived in Europe for some years, assisted them in learning to plant corn, use fertilizer, trade, etc. His entire people had apparently died of imported disease during the years he was in Europe. His name was Tisquantum, which was probably a name he took as an adult as it is roughly translatable into English as "The Rage of God" AKA "Wrath of God." My father wrote an academic paper about him back in the 1950s-1960s, a time when there was almost no interest in him, or in the relationships between the indigenous people and early settlers. His people probably died from either small pox or leptospirosis.

In those days one either paid one's way to the Americas, or came as an indentured servant. Some came to the Separatists at Plymouth as requested and recruited skilled tradesmen who had needed skills. One either paid one's freight, or one didn't go. Hard work could not save you; a very significant percentage of the Separatists at Plymouth died in the first year. (Pleaase do NOT confuse the Mayflower Colony with Puritans - they held very different beliefs regarding religious freedom, government, religion, etc.)

Perhaps what they endured, lacking a member of the Border Patrol to surrender to and take them to a nice bunk, good food, medical care, and then free transportation to wherever they wished to go is why I am not particularly interested in shelling out money during a time of economic hardship to many in this country legitimately. Perhaps the fact that children were sent as indentured servants on the Mayflower and other vessels that brought my mother's ancestors to this continent has also tempered my interest in paying several thousand dollars a month to support these illegal immigrants.

I do recall that one of my ancestors survived being scalped in Maine circa 1680. He was able to retrieve his wife from the tribe within a few months; but his children were captives for years before they were recovered.

I don't recall my ancestors moving here to join criminal gangs, as the various Latino and Russian groups have done in my neighborhood.

It is about future votes for Democrats, and future cheap labor for both Democrats and Republicans. It is no accident that Nancy Pelosi has large resort and vineyard holdings where it seems neither immigration nor labor activists appear to ever arrive on the premises.

Here is the reality of why nice liberals like illegal workers. One woman whose friendship with me was terminated because I thought she was a bigot explained why she preferred hiring illegal aliens to US blacks for her business; the blacks did nasty things like ask questions about protective gear and chemical exposure; the "Mexicans" did as they were told. It was no accident that a crew of illegal aliens were the ones suffocated in a collapsed trench at a construction site that failed almost every OSHA standard when it was investigated after they died here in the Bay Area.

A lot of pious platitudes are mouthed by people who favor more immigrants, illegal and legal. They discuss "cheaper goods and services" and "cheaper business costs" while fluffing over the fact that the difference in what they pay and what the worker requires are made up by the American taxpayers. It is only cheaper to the one employing the worker; the goods and services cost as much or more, once one figures in the increased taxes to provide for their, and their families needs.

Here in California illegal aliens vote. The state refuses to investigate voter fraud. I believe the last case investigated and actually prosecuted involved a man who registered his dog to vote in order to demonstrate how easy voter fraud was in this state. He was prosecuted after he admitted to the county that the voter was a dog when the dog was called for jury duty. The dog had never voted. The county attempted to prosecute, apparently because they were embarrassed and because the dog registered as a Republican. This was dropped when they became the national laughingstock, especially when people who had reported obvious voter fraud and had the county "excuse" the offense away started calling the national media with *there* stories of county inaction.

I agree with Rufus........What's happened in the past century or more is different than today's world. Back then, USA had plenty of room, jobs and more room for expansion. Today, we are more crowded, every resources have been tested and pushed to the limit. I agree it has to be planned and organized but without it, we are all overwhelmed by the mass exodus of immigrants coming in.

Simply put, we can not afford it.

If those immigrants come here, get legalized as citizens, they will contribute their share in the taxes and donations just like everyone else.

I feel sorry for the kids but at what point will we have to say "STOP!" when our resources are being overwhelmed?

No, actually they won't contribute to taxes in many, if not most, cases. We have a number around here who were legalized by Reagan and became citizens. They have enormous families that they cannot support, so the taxpayers pay the freight for six to twenty children. To expect them to support their families is racist because their religion doesn't allow contraception. Apparently it does allow them to demand the neighbors support their vast numbers of offspring.

Their religion also apparently approves of "marriages" unsanctioned by government or possibly even church - or at least it is somehow less of a sin than contraception. Some men have two or more families, all supported by welfare. Apparently back home in Latin America, it is a sign of status to have a wife and a mistress; but there it requires wealth to support both. Here, Uncle Sugar enables everyone who desires this status symbol to attain it.

Then why did the initial reports indicate that the officer was treated at a local hospital for injuries sustained in this "altercation?"

I read the intitial press reports. The ones that were written immediately after the incident happened and before all H*** broke loose in Ferguson. I based my opinions on those. I haven't read anything much about the whole mess since. Not my circus. Not my monkeys. So shoot me. For all I know the officer got injured in the ensuing melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom