Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just recently a young father was shot in a WalMart. He was carrying an air gun which he had picked up off the shelf and was intending to buy in one hand, and talking on a cell phone which he was holding in the other hand. Since he was talking on the phone he probably didn't hear the officer telling him to drop the gun. He won't make that mistake again. He's dead. I don't know if these incidents are getting more common or if we are just hearing more about them now.
Dont know enough about the other stories to comment on them but this one I do. This one did not play out that way. The crossman gun in question is not a orange tipped air powered nerf gun you can just grab off a shelf. Yes its air powered but its not a toy. It is a hunting an sport rifle that can be very deadly. It looks even deadlier than it is. I have a similar model crossman that I keep beside my real AR-15 an very few people can tell the two apart. For that reason they are not sold open on a shelf. It is packed in a box that is very hard to get it out of an very good at hiding that it is a gun. Even if we assume he did as little wrong as possible we still have a man walking threw walmart with an AR platform openly displayed in his hand. Something everyone knows better than.

I have a gun on my hip every time I walk in to a walmart. I also have one of these Crossman guns in my gun rack in the parking lot. Seeing guns in public does not bother me but I cant say I would not have shot that man. Carrying around an AR platform gun in hand inside a walmart store is so far outside of what you would expect a sane man to do that I cant fault anyone who thought he was crazy. I really think this was a suicide. Its the only way I can see an adult being willing to do the steps he had to do to end up where he did.

This is what he should have had in his hand...

But he opened it..

An this is what people were seeing walking around walmart...

Here is a picture of one of my two ARs in my gun rack.

I will let you guess if its my Smith an Wesson or my Crossman but I will tell you that it takes me a minute to figure it out an they are my guns.

Last edited:
Dont know enough about the other stories to comment on them but this one I do. This one did not play out that way. The crossman gun in question is not a orange tipped air powered nerf gun you can just grab off a shelf. Yes its air powered but its not a toy. It is a hunting an sport rifle that can be very deadly. It looks even deadlier than it is. I have a similar model crossman that I keep beside my real AR-15 an very few people can tell the two apart. For that reason they are not sold open on a shelf. It is packed in a box that is very hard to get it out of an very good at hiding that it is a gun. Even if we assume he did as little wrong as possible we still have a man walking threw walmart with an AR platform openly displayed in his hand. Something everyone knows better than.

I have a gun on my hip every time I walk in to a walmart. I also have one of these Crossman guns in my gun rack in the parking lot. Seeing guns in public does not bother me but I cant say I would not have shot that man. Carrying around an AR platform gun in hand inside a walmart store is so far outside of what you would expect a sane man to do that I cant fault anyone who thought he was crazy. I really think this was a suicide. Its the only way I can see an adult being willing to do the steps he had to do to end up where he did.

But he opened it..

I will let you guess if its my Smith an Wesson or my Crossman but I will tell you that it takes me a minute to figure it out an they are my guns.

You are right. I never said what the guy did was smart. But, while I am not an expert on guns, I find it necessary to use two hands to fire a rifle. If he had the gun in one hand and the cell phone in the other, it would take at least a second or two to drop the phone and raise the gun to a firing position, particularly if he is yakking on his phone. Long enough one would think to use non lethal methods to disarm the idiot. As for the other stories, the deputy heard what he thought was a prowler in his garage and shot before seeing who he was shooting at. It was his daughter sneaking in after hours. She is expected to survive. In the case of the old man in Florida, the police heard a report of a prowler. When they saw the old man with his upper body inside his car they figured he was the prowler so they shot him. Fifteen times. He never had a chance to identify himself or surrender.

Cops have a difficult job. They have to make split second decisions, but too often they are turned loose with inadequate training to help them make those decisions. Training is expensive and budgets are tight.

But he opened it..

I think that's the S&W. But I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Last edited:
My wife used to work for Wally World. She said you would be surprised at the number of people that tote fire arms into the store. It is scary.

What is a hundred pound Mexican lady going to say to an armed shop lifter? "Have a nice day."

The store she worked at was in a minority neighborhood. That is PC talk for the barrio. Very few White folks shopped there, and those that did were trash.

Almost all of them used the EBT card. The store was held up once, but they didn't get much. Wrong neighborhood.

Packing a pistol seems to give some people a sense of security, but who knows what kind of life style they are into. I am just afraid that some lady will drop her purse and that darn thing will go off.

Why? I dont...

'Cause you're stronger than I am? Until very recently I was the owner of over 20 rifles. I couldn't handle any of them one-handed. But then I can't wield an axe either.

My view of the police is colored by personal experience. My brother and brother-in-law came very close to being shot at close range by a rookie and underttrained cop. For the record they were unarmed, had every right to be where they were, and did not confront the cop in any way. If you are curious about it ask and I will PM you. Be that as it may, it took a while but I think at long last I have finally learned my lesson. I need to stay off this thread.

Don't quit on us. We need all points of view here. Just don't make people with a lot of fire arms real angry. That isn't good for anyone.

Don't quit on us. We need all points of view here. Just don't make people with a lot of fire arms real angry. That isn't good for anyone.

That's for sure. The firearms I mean. I inherited quite an arsenal. I sold them because I am a menace with guns and I know it. My vision is terrible and my aim is worse. I could use a rifle most effectively if I grabbed it by the barrel and beat whatever I was after to death with the stock. The only gun I had that I would have had any hope of hitting anything with was highly illegal. You didn't even have to aim it. Just point. I was told by someone who should know that possession of it was a Class D felony, whatever that is. Wasn't too keen on finding out. Anyway, I sold all my guns except the illegal one to a neighbor. I gave that one to someone else. What he did with it and why he wanted it I have no idea. I didn't ask. The rest of my neighbors think I am nuts for getting rid of my firearms. All of them have enough guns to take on a small army. They figure everyone else, including me, should too. They have never seen me shoot though.

I see they had a doozy of an earthquake in San Francisco. Read the thread about the Mexican dike.

My wife used to work for Wally World. She said you would be surprised at the number of people that tote fire arms into the store. It is scary.

What is a hundred pound Mexican lady going to say to an armed shop lifter? "Have a nice day."

The store she worked at was in a minority neighborhood. That is PC talk for the barrio. Very few White folks shopped there, and those that did were trash.

Almost all of them used the EBT card. The store was held up once, but they didn't get much. Wrong neighborhood.

Packing a pistol seems to give some people a sense of security, but who knows what kind of life style they are into. I am just afraid that some lady will drop her purse and that darn thing will go off.

Well, I suspect that I am not trash, and I rarely shop at Wally World, but I have been known to bring my pistol into a store or two. I also don't shoplift.
At times at our Nevada property we have had issues with people who dump dogs, some of which are highly aggressive and have serious issues with people, probably as a result of being abandoned. You had better believe that I choose not to have to cross the yard without a pistol when some jerk has dumped a totally freaked out Rottweiler in the neighborhood. I do not leave firearms unattended in motor vehicles since I prefer not to arm criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom