Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see they had a doozy of an earthquake in San Francisco. Read the thread about the Mexican dike.

The earthquake was in Napa. I had no idea that it impacted a Mexican canal? Can you clarify?

They had a major fire in a mobile home park, they had at least three buildings fall or partially fall, and there are lot of injured people, including a child with severe neurological injuries from a fireplace collapsing on him.

Well, I suspect that I am not trash, and I rarely shop at Wally World, but I have been known to bring my pistol into a store or two. I also don't shoplift.
At times at our Nevada property we have had issues with people who dump dogs, some of which are highly aggressive and have serious issues with people, probably as a result of being abandoned. You had better believe that I choose not to have to cross the yard without a pistol when some jerk has dumped a totally freaked out Rottweiler in the neighborhood. I do not leave firearms unattended in motor vehicles since I prefer not to arm criminals.

I understand what you mean about the dogs. When the economy went sour, all of a sudden about half the houses in my neighborhood went into repossession. People left their dogs to fend for themselves. We couldn't take trash to the alley without a fire arm. The traffic on the freeway took a toll on the dogs. They caused so many accidents. It wasn't the animals fault; they just reverted to what nature made of them.

About fire arms in Wally World, a couple of people had a disagreement that ended up in a shooting at one of the other stores. A black guy made a rude comment about an American Indian fellow. He didn't take it well.

I have found that it is best to be courteous to folks even if I don't like them. You never know what they have on them. Some people have very short fuses.

The earthquake was in Napa. I had no idea that it impacted a Mexican canal? Can you clarify?

They had a major fire in a mobile home park, they had at least three buildings fall or partially fall, and there are lot of injured people, including a child with severe neurological injuries from a fireplace collapsing on him.

All the faults are interrelated. Read the thread. The only thing holding the ocean back is that three foot rise in the Mexicali area. Otherwise, a good portion of California would be flooded.

My wife used to work for Wally World. She said you would be surprised at the number of people that tote fire arms into the store. It is scary.

What is a hundred pound Mexican lady going to say to an armed shop lifter? "Have a nice day."

The store she worked at was in a minority neighborhood. That is PC talk for the barrio. Very few White folks shopped there, and those that did were trash.

Almost all of them used the EBT card. The store was held up once, but they didn't get much. Wrong neighborhood.

Packing a pistol seems to give some people a sense of security, but who knows what kind of life style they are into. I am just afraid that some lady will drop her purse and that darn thing will go off.
Walmart has been pro carry for as long as I remember an corporate policy has been to allow carry any time the state law allows it. Here you can assume one gun for about every 10 people you pass in walmart. I have not been inside a walmart without a gun on my hip in around 8 years.

As for someone dropping one? That may be a greater danger in somewhere like Texas where the law encourages people to carry older an more dangerous guns, but its not really an issue in most states cause most of the guns someone would be carrying will be "drop safe" an actually requires the trigger to be pulled to go off...

Any possibility the cop may have been able to eithe defuse the situation or subdue the subject if he was better trained? I do know an unarmed person can do a lot of damage. There are any number of women doing life sentences for murder at the women's prison at Chowchilla in California. Why? Because they shot their abusive husbands dead. Since they used a gun and the husband was just using his fists the court ruled it was murder and not self defense. The fact that in many cases the man outweighed to woman by a hundred pounds and had beaten her within an inch of her life on several occasions didn't count. I don't think it is right that a cop can use deadly force against an unarmed subject if he is in fear for his life but a citizen in the same situation can not. Hopefully the laws have since been changed.

The selection and training of many law enforcement officers leaves a whole lot to be desired. My unarmed brother and brother-in-law, who at the time were school custodians, came within an inch of being shot dead by a rookie cop with a bad case of buck fever. If you don't know what buck fever is, ask your hunting buddies. John and Henry had been assigned to patrol the school grounds one Halloween night to try to prevent vandalism to the school. The police were doing their rounds too and this particular cop was startled when he came upon the two men on the school grounds. His immediate reaction was to reach for his gun, cock it, take aim, and prepare to fire. The words of the other officer, who happened to know my brother and brother-in-law, telling him everything was OK fell on deaf ears. His only reaction was to move the muzzle of the gun from one to the other. The experienced cop had a devil of a time getting this glassy eyed idiot to lower his weapon. He had even more trouble getting him to holster it and to get back into the patrol car. The whole incident scared the bejabbers out of John and Henry. That was the last time they ever agreed to do night duty at the school.

Quote:
"The fact that in many cases the man outweighed to woman by a hundred pounds and had beaten her within an inch of her life on several occasions didn't count."
This is a case of someone that keeps sticking their hand in the fire and being surprised that it burns them every time.

There is no perfect cops, and as long as they are all human there never will be.

I used to deliver auto parts for NAPA auto to a bunch of auto parts stores in the middle of the night. I had the keys to the alarm systems and the back doors of some of the stores. They leased all their delivery trucks from Ryder trucks, and sometimes I would have to use a regular Ryder truck instead of the one that had the NAPA sign on it. So I have had police point their guns at me as in taking stuff out of the back of an auto parts store at 3 AM in the morning. Most of the time they were more scared then I was. I knew exactly what was going on, and they had no idea of what was going on or what kind of person I was. But we all would laugh about it after they figured out what was going on.

But back to the shooting in Missouri. So if it turns out that the cop does have a fractured eye socket from the "unarmed" guy and was rushing back at the cop (as the one witness that didn't know he was being recorded said), would you still be thinking the cop should have maybe "defuse the situation" ?

I understand what you mean about the dogs. When the economy went sour, all of a sudden about half the houses in my neighborhood went into repossession. People left their dogs to fend for themselves. We couldn't take trash to the alley without a fire arm. The traffic on the freeway took a toll on the dogs. They caused so many accidents. It wasn't the animals fault; they just reverted to what nature made of them.

About fire arms in Wally World, a couple of people had a disagreement that ended up in a shooting at one of the other stores. A black guy made a rude comment about an American Indian fellow. He didn't take it well.

I have found that it is best to be courteous to folks even if I don't like them. You never know what they have on them. Some people have very short fuses.

I try to be courteous. I'm less worried about the folks open carrying or legally carrying concealed than I am about the gangsters around here. Their women have a strong fondness for razor studded potatoes on a string, and the men carry everything from box cutters to Uzis. It is sort of annoying that gangsters run around with firearms that the general public aren't allowed to own.

"The fact that in many cases the man outweighed to woman by a hundred pounds and had beaten her within an inch of her life on several occasions didn't count."
This is a case of someone that keeps sticking their hand in the fire and being surprised that it burns them every time.

There is no perfect cops, and as long as they are all human there never will be.

I used to deliver auto parts for NAPA auto to a bunch of auto parts stores in the middle of the night. I had the keys to the alarm systems and the back doors of some of the stores. They leased all their delivery trucks from Ryder trucks, and sometimes I would have to use a regular Ryder truck instead of the one that had the NAPA sign on it. So I have had police point their guns at me as in taking stuff out of the back of an auto parts store at 3 AM in the morning. Most of the time they were more scared then I was. I knew exactly what was going on, and they had no idea of what was going on or what kind of person I was. But we all would laugh about it after they figured out what was going on.

But back to the shooting in Missouri. So if it turns out that the cop does have a fractured eye socket from the "unarmed" guy and was rushing back at the cop (as the one witness that didn't know he was being recorded said), would you still be thinking the cop should have maybe "defuse the situation" ?

What about the cases where women kill their "unarmed" home invader? That one truly irks me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom