Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not your darling !
Say what you mean, or people will keep thinking what they think of you.

Oh, dear. I simply cannot be bothered by what other people think of me. Considering you know my "screen name" and may be able to track down my Facebook, online representations are a shoddy way to form an opinion of someone. Should I ever have the honor of shaking your hand, perhaps we can form opinions then.

In the meantime, Dennis, I *have* teased you, and for that I apologize. Truly and sincerely. I will try to do better in the future. I can tell you are you are a hard-working individual who I suspect wants the country to succeed, and for that I should never tease you. I hope you will forgive me.

Also, in the interest of saying what I mean, I am compelled to share my graphs and statistics with everyone (which I have previously posted, perhaps in smaller numbers than I should).

Here's a good point for you: The "gas savings" that the experts were promising would go back into the economy have gone to pay Obamacare premiums. (http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/2015/pdf/gdp4q14_2nd.pdf)

We spend MORE money on healthcare than ANY other nation on this planet, yet we are, BY FAR, the fattest and sickest peoples on earth. SOMETHING is wrong here, and being well-adjusted to a sick society is no measure of health.

... And that's just ONE issue. It would take far too much time to enumerate them all.

Beans, bullets, and band aids, my friends. It's gonna get bumpy. :)

MrsB

Last edited:
Yes, our nation and the whole world are in for some tough times. Hang on. Will Iran attack the US? Or will Israel be attacked? Or will Israel attack Iran? Will Saudi Arabia face off against Iran? Will they go nuclear? The Sunni and Shia will never agree about their differences. There are a lot of unsettled problems out there.

As one Pakistani General said "What good are these nuclear weapons if we are not going to use them."

And then there is the issue of a moribund economy. It is on the life support of food stamps and social welfare. Somebody has to pay those taxes, and it isn't going to be me. I can't work any more and the IRS has already cleaned me out.

Yes, our nation and the whole world are in for some tough times. Hang on. Will Iran attack the US? Or will Israel be attacked? Or will Israel attack Iran? Will Saudi Arabia face off against Iran? Will they go nuclear? The Sunni and Shia will never agree about their differences. There are a lot of unsettled problems out there.

As one Pakistani General said "What good are these nuclear weapons if we are not going to use them."

And then there is the issue of a moribund economy. It is on the life support of food stamps and social welfare. Somebody has to pay those taxes, and it isn't going to be me. I can't work any more and the IRS has already cleaned me out.

Food stamp spending is decreasing, along with the rest of welfare.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=4054

It shows the economy is improving, even though some will deny the facts.

Dennis, it isn't just the US that has this problem. It is all of the "developed nations." We have accepted and have become accustomed to governments that we cannot afford.

Greece is refusing to cut government spending and public services.

Germany is reluctant to be their cash cow. How many times do they have to be rescued? Maybe Russia or China will step in to fill the void, maybe they won't.

The problem is that so many other nations will soon be in the same position. How ever Greece goes, it will give us some indication of what will happen with us. The temptation to solve the problem with the printing press will be overwhelming.

That means inflation, and an inflation without increased wages means a much lower standard of living. Our retirement funds will melt away as purchasing power is sapped.

The dollar remains strong, but I am afraid that is just a case of rats climbing to the highest point on a sinking ship. Eventually, we will all get wet.

I would feel better if some of those empty stores in the malls would be rented, but no, they remain empty.

There is talk locally of converting some malls to senior assisted living facilities. That scares me. I am old, and it has been my experience that people who move into these facilities never move back out. They die there.

Dennis, it isn't just the US that has this problem. It is all of the "developed nations." We have accepted and have become accustomed to governments that we cannot afford.

Greece is refusing to cut government spending and public services.

Germany is reluctant to be their cash cow. How many times do they have to be rescued? Maybe Russia or China will step in to fill the void, maybe they won't.

The problem is that so many other nations will soon be in the same position. How ever Greece goes, it will give us some indication of what will happen with us. The temptation to solve the problem with the printing press will be overwhelming.

That means inflation, and an inflation without increased wages means a much lower standard of living. Our retirement funds will melt away as purchasing power is sapped.

The dollar remains strong, but I am afraid that is just a case of rats climbing to the highest point on a sinking ship. Eventually, we will all get wet.

I would feel better if some of those empty stores in the malls would be rented, but no, they remain empty.

There is talk locally of converting some malls to senior assisted living facilities. That scares me. I am old, and it has been my experience that people who move into these facilities never move back out. They die there.

If you're worrying about the rest of the world, you may not make it long enough to see an old folks home.

And you're going to be going to a FEMA reeducation camp any day now, so why worry about a retirement home ?

People don't move out of senior homes because no one gets younger, you will NEVER again be as young as you are today !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom