Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I live in the county so this does not apply to me since I am not under city ordinances, but the county seat has an ordnance that if you cut down or trim a tree you MUST get a permit, the fines are hefty if you don't. Also they have an ordnance if you remove a garden shed or dog house (any structure) you must get a demolition permit. Want to add an electrical socket in your home? permit. Water spicket outside to water your plants? permit. Extra phone jack or TV cable? permits..... it's all about control and money......

Anyway, I apologize if your original comment had nothing to do with the race/legality of the people he hired. That is how I read it an looking back I still do.

That's because you are insistent upon using the tactic of branding someone a racist, so you can attempt to discredit any argument from that point on. Most people are intelligent enough to see through the race baiting tactics so commonly used today by those who wish escape accountability. You all think you can get someone back pedaling, by denying they are racist, so the point of the argument is lost. Then you can present the depiction of winning the argument. That never flies with me. Illegal aliens are not a race. They are a category designated for anyone who violates immigration law. Now you can sincerely apologize for calling hemut dennis a racist, and admit hiring people who illegally enter our nation is wrong.

You may not think of America as your nation, but some of us Americans still do. And most of us prefer law and order rather than anarchy. Poll after poll shows the majority of Americans desire enforcement of our immigration laws, just as every country in the world does. To take advantage of a bad situation only makes you an opportunist, just like those that assume authority because the voting public doesn't care enough to kick their butts out of office.

Last edited:
That's because you are insistent upon using the tactic of branding someone a racist, so you can attempt to discredit any argument from that point on. Most people are intelligent enough to see through the race baiting tactics so commonly used today by those who wish escape accountability. You all think you can get someone back pedaling, by denying they are racist, so the point of the argument is lost. Then you can present the depiction of winning the argument. That never flies with me. Illegal aliens are not a race. They are a category designated for anyone who violates immigration law. Now you can sincerely apologize for calling hemut dennis a racist, and admit hiring people who illegally enter our nation is wrong.

You may not think of America as your nation, but some of us Americans still do. And most of us prefer law and order rather than anarchy. Poll after poll shows the majority of Americans desire enforcement of our immigration laws, just as every country in the world does. To take advantage of a bad situation only makes you an opportunist, just like those that assume authority because the voting public doesn't care enough to kick their butts out of office.
I insist on branding someone racist? I have never branded HD racist. I could have but I didnt. For one thing I dont think he is an for another, I dont need to discredit him to have a debate. There is not prize for coming out on top of a debate buried in millions of posts on a chicken website. I posted what I though cause that is what I though, not cause I think it helps me win something.

He comment on a post that was about hiring immigrants to cut a tree. The post also talked about hiring illegals becoming normal. I assumed HD took issue with the point of hiring illegals. I did that cause I dont think HD is raciest. The licensed an insured part never crossed my mind cause it was not part of ether post. I am not one to usually care if someone is licensed anyway. I have no problem taking his word that he meant that even though it does not read that way to me. We are both opinionated an have debated a lot of things. I have never known him to lie.

As far as I know I have never hired an illegal. I have met a few over the years but 99% of the people around me were born here an are ether white or native American. I have never in my life though I needed to check someones background before letting them mow my grass or build a fence for me. That idea is so off the wall, people here would think you were crazy if you did that. I just do not see how that is my job an I am not going to do it. I dont think anyone else should have to do it ether. I have better things to worry about an assume most other people do to. If that means I might hire an illegal every now an then, fine. I am not going to lose any sleep over that or the names anyone wants to call me for it. I do think that if I was in a place to hire actual employs, I would have a duty to make sure they are legal.

If you want immigration fixed, that is a government issue, its not one cause by joe public hiring someone every now an then to trim trees.

Same with jobs going over seas. That is caused by free trade with countries with lower minimum wage than us. That is a government issue. I dont see the point in throwing blame on people shopping at walmart. Short of a mass boycott of imports the average joe has no power to change that, walmart or no walmart. Its a government issue which will take a government fix. It will all fix its self though once our economy an theirs has evened out.

Adding flames to the fire...

Not every immigrant comes across with different colored skin, or a big giant "CAUTION! IMMIGRANT!" Tattooed across their forehead.

Hugs and kisses,
The Canadian who immigrated to America. (Darned American hubs...)

I can tell you all from experience...the legal immigration process is costly, a huge pain in the butt...and yeah. Can be confusing if you're not used to dealing with government and paperwork. I don't condone illegal immigration, but I understand why it happens.

Adding flames to the fire...

Not every immigrant comes across with different colored skin, or a big giant "CAUTION! IMMIGRANT!" Tattooed across their forehead.

Hugs and kisses,
The Canadian who immigrated to America. (Darned American hubs...)

I can tell you all from experience...the legal immigration process is costly, a huge pain in the butt...and yeah. Can be confusing if you're not used to dealing with government and paperwork. I don't condone illegal immigration, but I understand why it happens.

I have never understood why the legal immigrates support the illegal immigrates so much. If you had to go through the cost and effort then everyone should have to. I don't mean to say you personally support illegals, just that a majority seem to.

I insist on branding someone racist? I have never branded HD racist. I could have but I didnt. For one thing I dont think he is an for another, I dont need to discredit him to have a debate. There is not prize for coming out on top of a debate buried in millions of posts on a chicken website. I posted what I though cause that is what I though, not cause I think it helps me win something.

He comment on a post that was about hiring immigrants to cut a tree. The post also talked about hiring illegals becoming normal. I assumed HD took issue with the point of hiring illegals. I did that cause I dont think HD is raciest. The licensed an insured part never crossed my mind cause it was not part of ether post. I am not one to usually care if someone is licensed anyway. I have no problem taking his word that he meant that even though it does not read that way to me. We are both opinionated an have debated a lot of things. I have never known him to lie.

As far as I know I have never hired an illegal. I have met a few over the years but 99% of the people around me were born here an are ether white or native American. I have never in my life though I needed to check someones background before letting them mow my grass or build a fence for me. That idea is so off the wall, people here would think you were crazy if you did that. I just do not see how that is my job an I am not going to do it. I dont think anyone else should have to do it ether. I have better things to worry about an assume most other people do to. If that means I might hire an illegal every now an then, fine. I am not going to lose any sleep over that or the names anyone wants to call me for it. I do think that if I was in a place to hire actual employs, I would have a duty to make sure they are legal.

If you want immigration fixed, that is a government issue, its not one cause by joe public hiring someone every now an then to trim trees.

Same with jobs going over seas. That is caused by free trade with countries with lower minimum wage than us. That is a government issue. I dont see the point in throwing blame on people shopping at walmart. Short of a mass boycott of imports the average joe has no power to change that, walmart or no walmart. Its a government issue which will take a government fix. It will all fix its self though once our economy an theirs has evened out.

Well the post was about hiring immigrants, nowhere in the post was anything said about illegals.
He did mention he couldn't afford to hire U.S. born people (not all citizens were born here) because they would sue him if hurt. He mentioned he didn't want to hire someone that would do permits. This told me he's not hiring a licensed business to do the work. With a licensed business they would get a permit (if required, and in Arizona I don't believe they are) and would be insured, so he would be safe from being sued.

"Short of a mass boycott of imports the average joe has no power to change that, walmart or no walmart."

With the number of people I hear complaining about manufacturing going overseas I don't know why there isn't a mass boycott.

Last edited:
I have never understood why the legal immigrates support the illegal immigrates so much. If you had to go through the cost and effort then everyone should have to. I don't mean to say you personally support illegals, just that a majority seem to.

I think it's just we understand what a cluster(censored) the system is. i mean I moved down here, couldn't get a drivers license, had issues with social security card, couldn't work...(oh and for the drivers license by the time I got my employment authorization and social security card (what California demanded I have to get a license) they changed the rules and the dmv got so back logged with "illegals" getting licenses.

Quite silly.

I think it's just we understand what a cluster(censored) the system is. i mean I moved down here, couldn't get a drivers license, had issues with social security card, couldn't work...(oh and for the drivers license by the time I got my employment authorization and social security card (what California demanded I have to get a license) they changed the rules and the dmv got so back logged with "illegals" getting licenses.

Quite silly.

Huge difference when the government is BUSSING them over and handing out IDs, DLs, and SS#s to any Juan, Diego, y Henrique that wants one. This is the problem... Not the honest guy who hires Mr. Illegal in good faith.

Also, if y'all want something else to rile you up, jobs aren't necessarily going overseas anymore... They are staying right here at home and going to the PRISON SYSTEM.

An ex-military-turned-CEO friend of my father-in-law's told MrB and me that he knows of several companies in this country that are using PRISONS as call centers. They don't have to pay them a dime, and it's considered a coveted position amongst the prisoners. Everyone loves air conditioning!

Right or wrong (and regardless of gravity), profits flow UP, and the b.s. flows dooooooown.

Consider that the next time some very official-sounding person calls asking for you to verify your account with your birthday and social security.............

MrsB

Edit to add: Since Hemet Dennis is on a crusade to make me seem "dishonest," let me amend my post by adding that these companies DO have to pay the inmates "a dime." More than that, actually... Two whole quarters, in fact. Inmates are paid .50 per hour for the pleasure of doing big business for their corporate overlords.

I was sharing information I received in good faith with no intention of malice or being "dishonest."

Thanks, Dennis! :D

Last edited:
Consider that the next time some very official-sounding person calls asking for you to verify your account with your birthday and social security.............
th.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom