Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2015...und-off-about-consumer-spending-sluggishness/

There's Mr. Hilsenrath's response to the vitriol he no doubt received in his email box this morning from my fellow "thin-skinned" consumers. I'm sure he is utterly confused and dumbfounded as to why his Pulitzer-like article flopped.

Edit to add:

Not to belabor the point, but here is one of the responses Mr. Hilsenrath woke up to. :)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-03/member-middle-class-responds-jon-hilsenrath

I feel that echoes the sentiment of a great portion of this country.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful day!

MrsB

Last edited:
Uh oh! It is too hot here for military training, unless they do it in a cool, refrigerated bar.

Some people are so insulated from reality they don't feel the pain. But when it hits them, they wonder "why me, what did I do to deserve this?"

They experience what is called "cognitive dissonance." They feel that since it has always been that way, it will always be that way. But that was then, and this is now.

Before, the governments of the world could always sell bonds to reduce the money supply. But now they can't. Who would buy zero per cent bonds? Just because the government could roll over its debt in the past, does not mean that they can do it continuously and indefinitely. Eventually, bonds mature and they have to be redeemed.

And that is where we find Greece, and soon a great part of the world. Governments have lived too well for too long on other peoples' money.

The Cyprus experience shows us how the governments of the world will handle the problem. Savings account and retirement plans will be confiscated, not to solve the problem, but to continue government's profligate ways.

The day that the US government cannot or will not fund those social programs will be a day of reckoning.

As those dollars held abroad come home, prices will rise, and the working class will suffer the brunt of inflation without a corresponding increase in wages. That means a radically decreased standard of living.

The desert has always fascinated me. :) How any life at all can survive is a miracle! God is in the rain, they say.

And as for the invasion, I believe y'all are on the list, too! I hope we can give them a warm welcome. I wish California the best of luck. :p

MrsB

Ohhhhh I'd give any invading army in my home state the exact welcoming they deserve.
263a.png

Fort Irwin is now abandoned. It has become what is known as Slab City. RVers squat there during the winter months. The smart ones leave before it gets hot.

General Patton trained his tank forces there in World War II. If you look carefully, on Google Earth, you can see some of their tracks remaining.

It is best to keep out of the desert in summer months.

Fort Irwin is now abandoned. It has become what is known as Slab City. RVers squat there during the winter months. The smart ones leave before it gets hot.

General Patton trained his tank forces there in World War II. If you look carefully, on Google Earth, you can see some of their tracks remaining.

very very true.

You really need to stop making stuff up !

I personally was there 5 weeks ago.

Start dealing in facts !

Mea culpa Dennis. I am old; I make mistakes.

You make stuff up to back your claims.
You keep saying the dollar wont be the number one reserve currency, but the fact is the world trusts the dollar. That's why it will stay number one ! You keeps claiming no one wants to buy the U.S. treasuries, again that's is just made up junk ! You keep claiming we will have hyper inflation because of QE, but the fact is QE has been over for coming up on a year, and still no massive inflation.

You guys keep posting flat out lies, and then claiming those lies mean such and such is going to happen.

Lets stick with facts, and not make predictions based on lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom