Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let's see. China owns the largest foreign portion of our national debt. We're talking in the trillions of dollars. But do they hold that debt in Yuan? No, they hold it in dollars. Because even they know the dollar's more stable, more trusted. Japan holds the second largest portion. In Yen? No, again, in dollars. Because they trust the dollar, and they know others do as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Composition_of_U.S._Long-Term_Treasury_Debt_2000-2014.svg

Sorry, I don't mean to break in to your conversation, but somehow I stumbled across it while researching sand vs. DLM for my coop run, a subject about which I know very little. I was relieved to find a topic I actually know about... ;)

America also has hundreds of military bases around the globe to protect the interest of the dollar. If they can't do it through good business, by God, they're going to do it with force!

Actually, Japan is the largest holder of debt as of April 15, 2015 by a tiny margin... Splitting hairs. :)

Did you hear Gazprom just started dealing in the PetroYuan? How funny! The PetroYuan represents the intersection of a dying petrodollar and an ascendant renminbi. It won't be tomorrow, but give it a few years... The dollar is on its way out, folks.

ALSO! For what's it's worth.... Sand is a MUCH better option for coops, in my opinion. Better draining during rain, acts like kitty litter for chicken poop, less moisture = less odor = less flies, and provides tiny rocks that chickens need for digestion. ^_^ DLM requires maintenance. Sand is just easier and is cooler during warm weather.

MrsB

Do you realize some countries BEG for a US military base there? it is not by force if they are asking for one.....

I wouldn't want to be on the bad side of the schoolyard bully, either.

But... Other countries will do what they will.

Like Rufus keeps saying, we will see! :)

MrsB

I see the US is sending 400 more troops to train the Iraqi army. That is too little, too late. ISIS can be in Baghdad in no time at all. The Shia politicians will have fled to Iran or Switzerland with all of the money. The ordinary folks will have no place to run and no place to hide, and then the weapons of mass destruction will come out of hiding. It will be a blood bath.

I have a bad feeling about this. When I see all of those trucks, tanks and artillery on the news, I think "We paid for them."

I see the US is sending 400 more troops to train the Iraqi army. That is too little, too late. ISIS can be in Baghdad in no time at all. The Shia politicians will have fled to Iran or Switzerland with all of the money. The ordinary folks will have no place to run and no place to hide, and then the weapons of mass destruction will come out of hiding. It will be a blood bath.

I have a bad feeling about this. When I see all of those trucks, tanks and artillery on the news, I think "We paid for them."

If they could be there at any time then they would be there.

And before some fool says that I said they won't ever be there, that's not what I said !

When I see all of those trucks, tanks and artillery on the news, I think "We paid for them."
That's exactly right. It's like no one watched Star Trek when they were growing up. Remember the "Prime Directive?" "Never supply weapons to one side or the other." You never know where they'll end up, or who they'll be used against in the future.

Worse, there are probably American companies supplying spare parts for all those vehicles, through shell corporations and third parties. Just to make a buck. "American companies will sell you the bullets you use to shoot Americans." Things are so messed up.

Worse, there are probably American companies supplying spare parts for all those vehicles, through shell corporations and third parties. Just to make a buck. "American companies will sell you the bullets you use to shoot Americans." Things are so messed up.

Just like Standard Oil sold a special additive to Nazi Germany so their planes could fly!

Imagine that. The people supposedly against the war... funding and helping both sides to operate.

And we're the good guys!

Yyyyeeeeaaaaaahhhhh!!!

Also.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-says-it-again-no-ground-troops-in-iraq/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/w...an-believe-is-an-american-invention.html?_r=0

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/09/politics/u-s-considering-1000-additional-troops-in-iraq/index.html

I'm noticing a trend.

MrsB

Globalism is anti-nationalism. Unless people of a nation see it as their collective household, the nation becomes negotiable. So long as nationalism is allowed to be demonized as isolationist, bigoted, or intolerant by the ever increasing psychological dupes of political correctness, instead of a valued principle that should be embraced for the stability and survival of a nation, the nation will be like a once beautiful home, abused by one renter after another until it is condemned. The scum in DC think they're the landlords while we give them free rent, and they steal the title to our house. A vigorous house cleaning is long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom