Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you notice he had that same crazy look in his eyes as the Colorado theater shooter, and the Church shooter. What are these guys on?

Did you notice he had that same crazy look in his eyes as the Colorado theater shooter, and the Church shooter. What are these guys on?

Antidepressants prescribed by the good old trustworthy medical industry. I think Obama's popping the same pills while he made a speech in respect to the last week of Ramadan the same day our four Marine recruiters were murdered in Chattanooga by a Muhammadite.

Political correctness: The religion of psychological dupes.

Last edited:
Boy, I had to read thru the last 20 pages to catch up! Hubby had several job interviews, and got the "thank you" letters from teh employers. He just keep plodding on.

The Rebel flag.......... so much debates on the "state's rights" and "slavery" issues throwing back and forth. How about banning Gold's Gym and Nike shoes, simply because that killer wore it. He also burned the American flag as well. Might just burn the American flag because since the beginning of time, it went thru wars, turmoils, stealing of Indian's lands, cheating, etc. I think it is much worse than the Southern flag would put all together. We were looking for some Southern flags in cotton material, not nylon, and many of the shop keepers were saying they sold out so many, and have a hard time keeping up the orders. Even one business owner, owned by a lady, decided to put up the Southern flag for her catalog orders and now she has upwards of a thousand and still counting, online orders for these flags. Kudos for her savvy thinking and good business.

As for Donald Trump, I don't like him but he is one hell of a savvy business man. My father said he will be like another Ross Perot, that most of us didn't pay attention to Ross' warnings of the financial instablility in the long run and it DID happen. Some of us have reflected what Ross had to say in his speeches and he was spot on, more so on the tariffs and how it will affect us, the citizens. I'm giving Trump a benefit of the doubt if he is to get my vote or not. There are so many more presidential hopefuls and why didn't they pop up when Obama only had one to run against? Some folks are predicting Obama will go for the third term and it won't happen because after FDR served three terms...that is exhausting. I hope our state, will pass the restriction on how many terms can a politician in office serve.

As for the rains and flooding, I am predicting some insurance companies pulling out, making it hard to get flood insurance. Only one can do is to go to FEMA but like everything else, FEMA has a budget and if and when they run out of money, where will they go???????

Our food supply is at risk. Salmonella everywhere, don't kiss your chickens! Yeah right, it can be found anywhere, including your shopping cart, public restrooms, your favorite deli even your Grandma's homemade potato salad that she made with Hellman's mayo. Common sense, wash your hands and hope for the best! Yeah, I eat raw cookie dough, haven't gotten sick and hope NOT to. Eggs and bird flu, Thanksgiving is going to be a bit lean but you don't need to have a turkey....get ham instead.

If everyone lives within their means, and not spending much on anything but basic everyday items, the market will scramble and trying to gain momentarum to get the pendelum swinging back the way it was.

Time to eat horses when beef and chicken and pork are at all time high. Horses are considered food in other countries and I am sure our grandfathers partake it during the lean times or "why waste a good meat" when the plow horse broke its leg on the farm. WWII did plenty of horse eating menus. Maybe the Canadians and Mexicans would pay premium prices for our unwanted or crippled horses. Same for pigeons, guinea pigs (cavies) and rabbits. I'll be darned if our government tells me I can't eat it.

IL state is thinking about cutting out mental health care......that is really going to HURT us big time. About 5,000 patients are using our town's mental health care facilities, for medications, counseling, therapy. If they can't access these care facilities, there will be up tick of more violence, PTSD, misdiagnosed and criticial mental issues are really going to double up tenfold. I can not stress the importance of mental health care, just as important as physical health care.

Better stop for now before my mind runs away while I am tired this evening.

I am afraid it is that the news/propaganda media skew the news. When Trevon Martin was killed, they insisted it was a White man that was involved. Then when it came out that he was a Latino of Peruvian descent, the news media labeled him as a White Hispanic. The man had a black grandfather.

It is important when portraying a certain race as victims to portray another race as the villain.

The propensity of the media to lie is unending. Mussolini said that paper never refuses ink. CNN and MSNBC know that well.

Ewe Sheep it is good to hear from you again. Hopefully, things will be going better for all of us soon.

Relative to the question of horse meat, there is a law against the commercial slaughter of them. Actually, it just doesn't fund USDA meat inspection of the animals. They are sent to Mexico or Canada to be processed.

Several years ago, I mentioned in one of these threads that horse meat is delicious. Some woman from Florida called me an animal and a savage for eating horse, "Real American don't eat horse," she said.

I guess she was never really hungry.

By the way, my immigrant neighbors are shooting the pigeons and eating them. I wish them the best of luck. Eat them all.

The horse meat isn't really a big thing in Canada either - think they just use it more for animal feed or glue.

I had my parents all shocked at me cause i mentioned at least my girls were dual purpose so if we ever needed them for meat we'd be good. "Oh how could you eat your chickens?!?"

Easy. In case of civil unrest/zombie apocalypse/acts of terrorism if we ever got kinda cut off...you gotta figure out how to be self sufficient.

I thought your presidents had two term limits? How could Obama go for a third?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom