Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminded me of a guy I have run across a few times. He says the Constitution is not legal because the majority of the people alive today didn't vote on it. So are you bound by laws past before you were born ? He says no. What do you say ?
If I was going to debate the legality of the Constitution it would be on the grounds of its adoption an haw well that followed the rules set up by the articles of confederation.

Then being southern there is the issue of whether using military force to keep states under the union is Constitution...

His point of view is a valid one though an I think a similar one was bough up at the beginning of the revolutionary war. Its not a point of view known to win in court but as won threw war.

Something is a right or it is not, there is no middle ground. Yes you need a license to drive but several states require a license to own a gun, most do to carry said gun. Its also common to need a license to hold a protest or political rally. There is also an age requirement an a requirement to register to vote.

All of the requirements of a license to own have been shot down (pun) in the courts. The latest one that I heard about is the New York City one.

You only need a permit or political rally to protest if the number of people will infringe on the rights of others. Me and you can go anywhere on public property and protest anything, if we attract too many people then we can be shut down. Or we would be shut down if we infringed on others rights.

All of the requirements of a license to own have been shot down (pun) in the courts. The latest one that I heard about is the New York City one.
DC still has a license to own as does NYC.. Courts have ruled they have to give them out, not that they could not require them. As for states..

California – Permit to Purchase: California requires a Firearm Safety Certificate (“FSC”) prior to purchase of any firearm. The FSC is valid for 5 years.

Connecticut – Permit to Purchase: 27 Connecticut requires a person who wishes to purchase or receive a handgun to obtain either a permit to carry a handgun or a handgun eligibility certificate. Connecticut requires a person who wishes to purchase or receive a long gun to obtain a long gun eligibility certificate, a permit to carry a handgun, or a handgun eligibility certificate. Permits and certificates may be revoked in the event the holder becomes disqualified.

Hawaii – Permit to Purchase: In Hawaii, anyone wishing to acquire a firearm must obtain a permit from the county chief of police.28 As part of the application process, applicants undergo a background check and must sign a waiver allowing access to mental health records. Permits may not issue until at least 14 days have passed after the date of application, and all permits must be issued or denied before the 20th day from the date of application. (Several exceptions exist to the 14-day waiting period, including transfers to law enforcement officers, persons licensed to carry a handgun, and sales to licensed dealers.) Permits may be revoked for good cause. When a firearm is purchased, the permit is used as a record of the purchase, and must be sent with a description of the firearm purchased, to the issuing authority.

llinois – License to Purchase or Possess: In Illinois, no person may acquire or possess any firearm or ammunition without a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification (FOID) card. Each applicant for a FOID card is required to complete an application and “submit evidence” to the Department of State Police (DSP) that she or he is not a prohibited purchaser. 29 The DSP has the authority to revoke a FOID card if the holder becomes a prohibited purchaser. Effective January 1, 2014, a private person who sells or transfers a firearm must contact DSP to verify the validity of the purchaser’s FOID card.

Massachusetts – License to Possess and Permit to Purchase: In Massachusetts, all firearm possessors are required to obtain either a Firearm Identification (FID) card or a Class A or B license to carry a firearm. FID card holders are permitted to purchase and possess rifles or shotguns, excluding large capacity weapons.30 A Class A license allows the licensee to purchase and possess all types of lawful firearms; a Class B license is limited to “non-large capacity” handguns and any rifle or shotgun, but does not permit carrying concealed, loaded handguns in a public place.31 All applicants must undergo a background check. The licensing authority has 40 days to approve or deny the application. A FID card or Class A or B license must be revoked or suspended if the holder becomes disqualified from obtaining the card or license. To purchase a handgun in Massachusetts, a FID card holder must also obtain a permit to purchase. A permit to purchase is issued at the discretion of the licensing authority for a “proper purpose,” following a background check.

New Jersey – Permit to Purchase: In New Jersey, all handgun purchasers must obtain a permit to purchase a handgun. Purchasers of rifles or shotguns are required to obtain a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FPIC). Both require the applicant to undergo a background check and waive confidentiality relating to any institutional confinement for a mental or psychiatric condition. New Jersey law also provides that no handgun transfer permit or FPIC may be issued where the transfer would not be in the interest of the public health, safety or welfare. In addition, the applicant must be of “good character and good repute in the community” where he or she lives. The FPIC or permit must be issued within 30 days of application, or 45 days if the applicant is a non-resident. A FPIC may be revoked by a superior court after a hearing with notice, upon a finding that the holder no longer qualifies for the FPIC.

Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina and Rhode Island all require licenses or permits for purchase or possession of handguns only

So do you think the constitution should be voted on every 10 (or whatever number) years ?

I dont but that has been brought up a lot sense 1789 so a lot of people have held that opinion.

Last edited:
I didn't say to purchase a gun did I ? So take all those out and comeback.
So how would one go about owning a gun without first purchasing said gun? Everything I posted is the requirements to own in those states. They are called permits to purchase cause that is the normal action you take to become a gun owner. It is a license to own a gun.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-09-18-10-35-14

In the last month or so, I have received about a dozen letters from real estate agents that have ready buyers for my home. The neighbors received them also. Let's see how many take those offers.

Didn't you post the same thing about 6 months ago ?
This is from the link you posted.
"The real estate market in China is dropping and I'm planning to sell one of them to maybe buy more houses in the U.S.,"

So who thinks they can sell one house in China, and use that money to buy even one average house in the U.S. ? Much less the "more houses in the U.S.".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom