Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget booze and tobacco. Two other excellent commodities for bartering, and maybe even for your head.
Coffee, medical supplies, camping equipment for long term if needed. Propane, water for flushing and drinking, LED flashlights and batteries. Backup generator and fuel. I am not a survivalist, per se, but I am prepared.

And where is Dennis?
Check out a milk carton for his picture.....seriously, when the government and the FED reserve are in cahoots, we are all in serious trouble. Unfunded liabilities, national debt at almost $20 Trillion, many people working two jobs to make ends meet....don't see how this is going to end well.

Coffee, medical supplies, camping equipment for long term if needed. Propane, water for flushing and drinking, LED flashlights and batteries. Backup generator and fuel. I am not a survivalist, per se, but I am prepared.
How could I forget coffee?
If things hit the fan, the last thing I'll be doing is flushing precious water. I'll see ya in the woods.

I have a number of generators on hand too.from 2800 watt gas, to 30K propane.

How could I forget coffee?
If things hit the fan, the last thing I'll be doing is flushing precious water. I'll see ya in the woods.

I have a number of generators on hand too.from 2800 watt gas, to 30K propane.
Ain't gonna get the wife in the woods.....we'll use creek water from down the way. Got my five gallon buckets handy...

It's only 100 feet from the house, will tell the wife to cut down on the roughage....we get about 50 inches of rain up here every year....can't have too much open water due to mosquitos, but can get some barrels. Appreciate your concern, though. Even at 60 years old, I am blessed with a lot of upper body strength...but can't say no to the "boss". Probably should get a couple more 5 gallon propane canisters, for emergency use. We live up in the boonies of Northern CA, and have good neighbors that will pitch in if needed. Something rare in Silicon Valley, where people come and go, no stability. Different atmosphere. Our local church is big on helping the needy with groceries, emergencies, physical labor for those unable to do it. We left the CA Bay Area to settle in the mountains and to get away from the maddening crowd.

Oh, and my wife does not look like Eva Gabor in my picture. She is asian....and a darn sight to see...very pretty after 35 years of dealing with me. Tough woman....keeps me in line...most of the time.

I have a feeling that if one of the major banks fails, it will take a good many more down with it. FDIC will cover some of the losses, but not all.

There has been some discussion about eliminating cash, mostly by people that don't live in the same world with the rest of us. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/checking/will-cash-become-extinct.aspx

I see Mr. Trump wants to withhold remittances sent to Mexico until they pay for his wall. Good luck with that Mr. Trump. When my mother sent money to family in Mexico, she used to put cash between the pages of a religious magazine and mail it. Sometimes it took a long time to get there, but it always got there. Nobody is interested in someone else's religion.

If she got caught doing that now days, she probably rot in prison.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that if one of the major banks fails, it will take a good many more down with it. FDIC will cover some of the losses, but not all.

There has been some discussion about eliminating cash, mostly by people that don't live in the same world with the rest of us. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/checking/will-cash-become-extinct.aspx

I see Mr. Trump wants to withhold remittances sent to Mexico until they pay for his wall. Good luck with that Mr. Trump. When my mother sent money to family in Mexico, she used to put cash between the pages of a religious magazine and mail it. Sometimes it took a long time to get there, but it always got there. Nobody is interested in someone else's religion.

If she got caught doing that now days, she probably rot in prison.
I have no problem with family members helping family members outside of the U.S. My wife's family sends a lot of things to the Philippines. Glad your mom didn't send the cash in Sports' Illustrated Swimsuit Edition....would never have gotten there....
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom