Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what is a foreign car now days? Parts are sourced from all around the world. The Chinese own Volvo now. They carry a made in Sweden logo, and yes, that decal was made in Sweden.

The Ford Focus is a great car for midgets. There is no room for the legs. We rented one of those also. It was also described as a "full size" car. In the future, I will not let them sell me a larger vehicle, because it always turns out to be a compact.

My wife's Saturn was made in Mexico, but sold here. It is one of the best cars we have had.

We tend to buy cars and take care of them. We keep them until something really bad goes out.

If you take of cars, they tend to last a long time. Bought a 1999 Corolla for son and 2004 Corolla for daughter and both are running strong. Wife's 2004 Altima has 165K on the odometer, had to change out some mounts and coil packs, but still runs well. I remember when you had to rebuild engines at 100K, back in the day.

Engines are better now days, but cars have way too much plastic in them now. It gets real hot here, and the trim is stuck on with some booger like substance that fails in high hear. Dash boards die in the summer heat.

That poly razz ma tazz coating fails in the heat. The car looks like it has leprosy. To keep a car neat and clean, it has to be parked in a garage.

I see K Mart is closing some more stores. I don't think the local store here has ever mopped the floor. It is a mess. I don't know if it is on the list or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom