Great experiences with Ideal Poultry!

clkingtx

Songster
10 Years
Dec 1, 2009
I ordered this year from Ideal poultry. I had never ordered from them before, so I was a little wary, but had heard such good things about them, and since they are only 6 hours or so away(and shipping is free for me!), I figured it would be worth trying.

My first order was for 25- bantam assortment, 50- standard assortment, and 25- duck assortment. I got 26 ducks, and 107 chickens, not counting the one that was doa. All that arrived live, were healthy, vigorous chicks and ducklings(it was during a horribly cold spell, so I had been worried).
I had about 3 of the standard chickens that didn't act quite right, but by placing them with someone who could give them lots of tlc, they are fine.

Two weeks later, I ordered 25 barred rock pullets, Ideal sent 27. All arrived live and lively. One unfortunately died on about the 5th day, no clue why, as they shipped during a time that wasn't excessively cold, but I figured 1 loss out of 135 babies was really good. The chicks are now 2 weeks and 4 weeks, and are healthy and happy. They sent a wide variety of breeds in the assortments, and I am not sure yet, but it seems we got a fair amount of pullets in the assortments, too.

I should get my next order in the next few days, orpingtons, cornish, turkens, cochins, and black broilers. I expect that they will do just as well as all the others have.

I would not hesitate to order from Ideal in the future.

Carrie

Edited to add: My third order from Ideal arrived, and all chicks were just as expected, seem to be healthy, and settling in really well, except one loss the morning after arrival. I ordered about 50 chicks, and got 56, so they sent 6 extras or packing peanuts.

Last edited:
Congrats on your healthy chicks.
smile.png

I received some cuckoo marans from Ideal Friday only had 2 to die .One had a deformed beek and don't know what happen to the other one.I had originally ordered 15 they sent 20.I ordered 12 barred rock before and all of them lived.So I can't complain and I live in NC.

Quote:
Hey there, wondering how long did it take from ship to dleivery for you? Just curious, because I live in East TN, so not far from ya, and trying to get a good guestimate of how long delivery will take...?

Wow!! That is a lot of chicks. I'm glad you had a high success rate on your delivery. It is also nice of you to write a positive experience from a hatchery. What are you going to do with all those? You will be up to your eyes with chicky poo.
smile.png

Henry's chickens: I already am up to my eyes, lol. Actually I am brooding them for my mom, she has nearly 4 acres of land, and she wants a lot of different kinds of chickens, and has friends to give some to, and is going to sell some. All the 5 week olds have already gone out to her place, so now it is just a matter of getting the little ones feathered out, so they can go out there, too.

Carrie

Back
Top Bottom