Great Horned Owls???

Quote:
OH YES, I know all the game laws here, and noway was any law broken. If you reread my post you will see they were released without harm. GREAT think about live traps. Myself I like having them around, they help me control other night predators.

I NEVER SET TRAPS for bird of prey , or would I even harm any.......

great horned owls also take on big 6 foot rat snakes and ive seen one eating a full grown mink

they are also the only animal that will take hawks and falcons on a reg basis they also take ravens golden eagles are the only thing great horned owls are scared of but even coyotes fear golden eagles

This is who was in the neighbors tree staring down at my girls one evening. It was about 15 feet up in the tree. Too close for comfort. DH scared it away. Haven't seen it since but am always checking the tree before letting the girls out for their evening constitutional.

66234_img_5515.jpg

Quote:
I had a pair of GH owls work together to feast on my CxR one lifted the tractor and one pulled the bird out both birds stood above 2 feet tall as I could see them over the top of my tractor. they lived in my barn for 2 weeks there gone now since the bobcat moved in havent seen em at all.

I have a farm of chickens and i think a great horned owl has been after them.
so i would say yes.

I have caught two in live trap ,after they kill ,one was a full grown chicken, 2nd was a half grown peachick. peachick was killed thru 1 x 2 welded wire, both times I found both fresh killed, place bird in trap, thinking it was a raccoon, both caught within a few hours of the kill.

I did release both, because they kill alot of night predators, like coons,possum,skunks and cats. They will even kill full grown turkey and peafowl.

They are night hunters, or dusk to dawn. Not as fast as hawks.

Owl001.jpg
The look on this owl is priceless. Its like I cant believe I got caught LOL

Back
Top Bottom