Great, red mites!

Dear goodness that neem oil seems tolerable until you have to.paint the coop with it! I just did the roost bars and some.of the nesting box and the whole outside. I am not sure the girls would like the smell of neem lol so,I figure roost bars is a good start. I also mixed grapes end oil and rosemary with the neem and painted their legs and feet with the oils. I see mud like stuff in their legs and it's raw looking when I gave theme a bath on the leg joint so if there are mites it's very few. I'll paint their legs day and night for 7 days

Thank.you all for your suggestions I now have a good supply of preventative and treatment options I love this site!!

Don't over do stuff, and it's normal for chickens to have a reddish hue on their feet, especially between the toes and especially on roosters.

Dear goodness that neem oil seems tolerable until you have to.paint the coop with it! I just did the roost bars and some.of the nesting box and the whole outside. I am not sure the girls would like the smell of neem lol so,I figure roost bars is a good start. I also mixed grapes end oil and rosemary with the neem and painted their legs and feet with the oils. I see mud like stuff in their legs and it's raw looking when I gave theme a bath on the leg joint so if there are mites it's very few. I'll paint their legs day and night for 7 days

Thank.you all for your suggestions I now have a good supply of preventative and treatment options I love this site!!
Twice a day for 7 days is too much. Maybe just apply to their legs ONCE in 7 days. You may poison them too by using too much powder, baths, and oils. Be careful.

Twice a day for 7 days is too much.  Maybe just apply to their legs ONCE in 7 days.  You may poison them too by using too much powder, baths, and oils.  Be careful.

I am just using the oil on the legs now not anything else calm down people maybe I am not explaining myself enough :/

I did a one time clean of everything and I am done with that now. They look happy and healthy now and I think they are on the right track to being in tip top shape.

And my one hen with loose stool was in real.bad shape so I am glad that everything I have done she is looking better now, mostly has solid poop, and seems to be doing better

Happy to hear you are getting somewhere, you sound like you have a sound plan, sorry if we are sounding confused.

Back
Top Bottom