Green Club

Her usual 'computer virus'.
barnie.gif

sour LOL

Quote:
Not on our farm, it isn't!
hide.gif
I won't touch ours with a ten foot cattle prod unless my family makes me.

On a more positive note, the trees are finally at their most beautiful stage of G-R-E-E-N!
wee.gif

It's funny, I've seen some people who have the miniature Jerseys saying that their bull is friendly. Of course, you can't always tell when someone is writing with tongue in cheek.
roll.png
I have known other male animals that didn't fit the usual stereotype (stallions, in particular). I know rabbit personalities can vary from fall-in-your-arms-friendly to downright vicious so I wonder, with the cattle, might it be the breeding, and not the breed? If a docile temperament isn't one of the criteria that goes into the selection process, maybe they are nasty by default? I've heard that "flighty" temperaments seem to be inherited in cows, and that some people dealing with beef cattle are now selecting for calmer temperaments. Quieter cattle = less panicking/running around = faster weight gains + fewer injuries + fewer repairs to fences and equipment. I wonder if they are seeing less male aggression too?

At my house, I'm surrounded by green. Every thing except the pool, that is; it is blue again (yay!) I need to take the pruners to some of that green, it's getting out of hand.
hide.gif
Oh, well, I guess everything has a downside. Still, love that green and growing!

Rutgers University had a herd of show Jerseys, and those bulls would try to reach over the doors of their stalls and try to hook you. I've been around bulls of many breeds and know enough to not trust any of them, but have never seen any other than Mexican fighting bulls who wanted a piece of you so badly. In addition to being mean they are really quick.

Raining here today and the GREEN is awesome.

Last edited:
It's funny, I've seen some people who have the miniature Jerseys saying that their bull is friendly. Of course, you can't always tell when someone is writing with tongue in cheek.
roll.png
I have known other male animals that didn't fit the usual stereotype (stallions, in particular). I know rabbit personalities can vary from fall-in-your-arms-friendly to downright vicious so I wonder, with the cattle, might it be the breeding, and not the breed? If a docile temperament isn't one of the criteria that goes into the selection process, maybe they are nasty by default? I've heard that "flighty" temperaments seem to be inherited in cows, and that some people dealing with beef cattle are now selecting for calmer temperaments. Quieter cattle = less panicking/running around = faster weight gains + fewer injuries + fewer repairs to fences and equipment. I wonder if they are seeing less male aggression too?

At my house, I'm surrounded by green. Every thing except the pool, that is; it is blue again (yay!) I need to take the pruners to some of that green, it's getting out of hand.
hide.gif
Oh, well, I guess everything has a downside. Still, love that green and growing!

I'm not sure, Bunny. When it comes to people-people, I try not to judge and stereotype. But when it's an animal person that easily weighs 5-8 times what I do, they can get over it.
lol.png

Our lawnmower got back from the shop a few days ago, and I can hear it calling my name. Or is that my mom...?

My lawnmower is sleeping. It worked very hard on Friday and is now resting. Rain here all day today and sourland and the lawnmower are both being lazy.
hu.gif

Burt would have a picnic with that - literally and figuratively. Em, my mind went to him also as soon as I saw
bun.gif
lady's photo. And that is how friends live on!

Back
Top Bottom