Green Club

THIS POSTING is "OFF SUBJECT" for THIS FORUM........
however, I am posting it for "Informational Purposes" so that you might ( if you wish ) get to know "THE Curmudgeon" just a wee-bit better.

I lost all ( about a dozen ) of my chickens Last Fall to a FAT COON......who has since departed this LIFE. ( pay-backs, you know ).

I now have 11 chicks doing well.
3 of them are 3 weeks old....a Barred Rock, a Rhode Island Red, and a "SomethingElse" ( maybe Brown Leghorn?).
8 of them are 1 week old...4 Buff Orpingtons, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Rhode Island Red ?, and 2 Brown Leghorns.

So....I'm expecting some eggs again sometime around Thanksgiving ( good timing, eh? )

I expect that I'll have a couple of Cockerels out of this bunch....I'm hoping for a Buff Orpington Rooster and a Brown Leghorn Rooster.
That would be enough roosters !

My Partner in the "Chicken Ranch", Mr. Crockett, has been keeping a Close-Eye on our NEW FLOCK. ( I think he's hungry. )

I have temporarily replaced my Avatar with a picture of Mr. Crockett for your information, education, and edification.

THANKS for the KIND WELCOME to the "Green Team".
- THE C -

Doesn't the GREEN QUEEN need a "Royal Curmudgeon" ???

- THE C -
Dude, in case you haven't noticed, there are more than a few people on this forum with curmudgeonly tendencies. I know you call yourself THE Curmudgeon, but if we had to surrender all of our curmudgeoning to you (as the Royal Curmudgeon, it would be officially your purview) some of us might have nothing to say!

I think the big C should be allowed to join the Kingdom...Blue, do I need any more Knights? Is JD a knight? Did I ever get a Royal Beheader?
OHHH! I didnt know that position was vacant.I dont want to be the royal moat scrubber,I want to be the royal be-header...please please please......
bow.gif

The denizens of the moat are many and spooky.
hide.gif

THIS POSTING is "OFF SUBJECT" for THIS FORUM........
however, I am posting it for "Informational Purposes" so that you might ( if you wish ) get to know "THE Curmudgeon" just a wee-bit better.

I lost all ( about a dozen ) of my chickens Last Fall to a FAT COON......who has since departed this LIFE. ( pay-backs, you know ).

I now have 11 chicks doing well.
3 of them are 3 weeks old....a Barred Rock, a Rhode Island Red, and a "SomethingElse" ( maybe Brown Leghorn?).
8 of them are 1 week old...4 Buff Orpingtons, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Rhode Island Red ?, and 2 Brown Leghorns.

So....I'm expecting some eggs again sometime around Thanksgiving ( good timing, eh? )

I expect that I'll have a couple of Cockerels out of this bunch....I'm hoping for a Buff Orpington Rooster and a Brown Leghorn Rooster.
That would be enough roosters !

My Partner in the "Chicken Ranch", Mr. Crockett, has been keeping a Close-Eye on our NEW FLOCK. ( I think he's hungry. )

I have temporarily replaced my Avatar with a picture of Mr. Crockett for your information, education, and edification.

THANKS for the KIND WELCOME to the "Green Team".
- THE C -
I wish you the best of luck with your chicks, and I hope Mr. Crockett doesn't get too involved in the chickens (I have a cat that had a few chicky dinners when somebody forgot to put the weight back on the brooder cover). I know it's quite a ways out, but you might put a light in your coop when the birds get close to laying age. That late in the year, they might just wait until Spring to start laying. By supplementing the light during the shorter days, you may bring them into lay quicker.

bun.gif
Lady....
You are most certainly CORRECT in your recommendation of "the Light" !

I already have had such a light in my coop previously and , of course, it is still there.

The "chicks", at present, are in a different outdoor ( fenced ) area where they have access to the HEAT from an Infrared Heat Lamp in the evenings/night.

They are doing quite well.

THANKS for the reminder !
frow.gif

- THE C -

edited to include this P.S. : In MY "part-of-the-Country"....the term Dude ....is considered VERY UNCOMPLIMENTARY.
(....added to this message for educational purposes. )

Last edited:
edited to include this P.S. : In MY "part-of-the-Country"....the term Dude ....is considered VERY UNCOMPLIMENTARY.
(....added to this message for educational purposes. )
My apologies, no offence meant, I assure you. In my part of the country (for that matter, in many places at least partly inhabited by persons under the age of 40), "dude" is an all-purpose word for persons of the masculine gender - or not, depending ("Who's the old dude drivin' the blue pick'm'up?"). It can be used to indicate approval ("Dude! You ROCK!") It can be a gentle reproach ("Whoa, dude, TMI!") or just convey a sense of comraderie ("So, dudes, 'sup?"). Granted, most persons that communicate in this fashion are of less than voting age, but it tends to rub off on their parents.
roll.png

Last edited:
Well, it appears that we are dealing with a real curmudgeon DUDE. Oh well, many come and many go. Educational purposes? With this group.
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom