Green duck eggs.

Hmm, a lot of species do. Mallards for one and wood ducks. I found a chart online with all the different types and sizes of duck eggs, but I just tried to look for it in order to answer your question, but I couldn't find it. I will look some more.

ETA: I found this one on a site for British birds, but it has examples of gadwalls, shovelers, and mallard on it.

http://handcolouring.co.uk/images/birds eggs/fowhawk023.jpg

Last edited:
My Mallards lay pale green eggs, just about the size of a Large chicken egg. They are domestics though, wilds may be different. Not sure if other breeds lay green or not.

Its VERY small for a duck egg. Its like the size of a OGE Game chickens egg. I wish I had the camera with me right now! I don't think its a mallard egg either.

where at in Ohio? I doubt it is a wood duck as they nest in hollow trees and wood duck boxes off of the ground and out of sight.

You sure that its a duck and not a gull or some other shore bird? How do you know it is about to hatch? Take a picture of it if it does!

Because its rare to find shore birds around ponds in ohio. I candled it. And I will.

Last edited:
*chants*

We want pics! We want pics!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom