muscovy duck yellow color egg

newbie ducks

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2024
my wild muscovy duck why is one egg a yellowish color. so far she had 15 eggs, but 1 didn't make it.

Attachments

• 14 eggs nest.jpg
    14 eggs nest.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 30
When did she lay that egg?
she had 9 eggs in her nest on friday & 11 on saturday they were all fine & I think sunday or monday is when she dropped more eggs. she been dropping eggs since jan 13 just 1 a day had 4 in her nest up until feb 2, then after that she started laying more of them. keep in mind that she is a wild duck. she eats whatever is at the pond with all the other ducks, geese, wild turkeys. only sometimes she will eat just a tiny bit of the corn crackle mixed food I leave out for her. I'm in north florida area. she just now started to stay over night yesterday & day before, but she leaves in the morning & comes back to her nest later that same day.
she starting adding some of her fluffy feathers in her nest. I guess soon she be wanting to stay longer.

to give you idea where her nest is. in the right hand corner of my house about 3 feet from my front door. I talk to her when I see her & try to make her feel comfortable, safe since she don't get much privacy. sometimes the other ducks from her family comes over with her to watch over her when she does lay an egg & then they all leave when she done doing her thing. lately she been coming over alone the past 2 days. I made her a card board box house with a side window so she can see us coming out of the house. when its to cold outside I put a blanket over it to help keep her warmer at night & when weather is nicer outside I remove the blanket, but I only do this when she is not home so i don't freak her out.

Attachments

• duck house.jpg
    duck house.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom