green jungle fowl!!!!

I also live in Tn, the habitat isn't the problem for me it's trying to find a supply of the fowl, seems like they are hard to get either for lack of supply or fear of over populating the high demand market price. If you want to preserve a strain isn't it better to get them to as many dedidicated to the same cause as possible? I my self would be interested in raising all four strains just can't seem to find them available. If anyone has any young chicks or juvenile pairs they want to sell contact me please, I would like to talk to you. I want them for preservation purposes only, and will raise some get the population increased here in east Tn.

Where in East Tennessee are you located? I'm in Chattanooga.

I also live in Tn, the habitat isn't the problem for me it's trying to find a supply of the fowl, seems like they are hard to get either for lack of supply or fear of over populating the high demand market price. If you want to preserve a strain isn't it better to get them to as many dedidicated to the same cause as possible? ....
Very low number of eggs per clutch, slow growth, susceptibility to chicken diseases, and special diet are some of the reasons contributing to their low numbers. Good luck.

I was looking at Ultra Kibble at Tractor Supply. At first I was relieved to see a convenient dry food that I could leave out free-choice that was a healthy diet for Green Jungle Fowl with plans to add mealworms, dubia roaches, leafy greens and some whole grains, etc. in the ingredients list corn gluten was the second ingredient and at $6 for 1.75 lb. it is more expensive than grass fed ground beef. I figured that in reality dried cooked beef and fish for protein and a mix of grains would be a good bit cheaper as long as I could make sure that there were enough vitamins, minerals and micro nutrients added to the diet. So then the question is how to add those. Do you just crush a multivitamin and sprinkle some on their food? Do you buy reptile vitamins at a pet store? Are their vitamins designed for birds that I can buy? Is a varied diet adequate? I just don't see Ultra Kibble as worth the money unless that's the only way to ensure all nutrients are provided in the right proportion.

Last edited:
Read the list of indregience(spelling) and I'm sure you'll find enough proteins and whatever else your birds may need in there.I have the pleasure of meeting the guy that invented this ultra kibble and he has studies pheasants in the wild and is very knowlegable about birds and their diets.He claims that 1 teaspoon of this feed has more nutritional value the 1 cup of gamebird feed.
In N.H.,Tony.

Greens need some sort of animal protein in there diet , i feed mazuri feed which has animal protein in it ,you can also suppliment your feed of choice with fish food , purina makes a catfish pellet that works

If you are interested in Indian Red Jungle Fowl? I will have them available (juveniles) probably late May. I live near the Gulf Coast in the Panhandle of Florida, and I expect my flock will be laying soon if our mild Winter persist. Contact me if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom