GREEN PEAFOWL

zimrijs

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2015
mission tx
Planning on buying a pair of maybe Javanese peafowl I'm interested in green was wondering how much do these green peafowl cost??? PURE GREEN

It all depends on who you want to get them from. There are American Greens and greens from imported lines. Some people who I think have nice, pure greens are Rocking BAB Ranch (zazouse will be getting green peachicks from there!), Read Mountain Peafowl (FB), and Texas Peafowl (www.texaspeafowl.com). You can get American Greens for a good price at Rocking BAB Ranch. The imported ones will cost a lot more. I have gotten prices estimates from the other two places I mentioned so PM me for the prices. MinxFox will be able to give you much more information.

It all depends on who you want to get them from. There are American Greens and greens from imported lines. Some people who I think have nice, pure greens are Rocking BAB Ranch (zazouse will be getting green peachicks from there!), Read Mountain Peafowl (FB), and Texas Peafowl (www.texaspeafowl.com). You can get American Greens for a good price at Rocking BAB Ranch. The imported ones will cost a lot more. I have gotten prices estimates from the other two places I mentioned so PM me for the prices. MinxFox will be able to give you much more information.

This is pretty much what I would say. Zazouse decided to get green peafowl from Rocking BAB after she saw photos and the video I took after visiting them and of course she did her own research to come to this decision.

Do you already have experience with raising & caring for peafowl?

Kelly (Read Mountain Peafowl), Sid (Texaspeafowl), and Josh (Rocking BAB Ranch) are all very knowledgeable with green peafowl. You can really tell that they spent a lot of time and money to search for and acquire some of the best stock of green peafowl in the US. Also, all three men have experience raising many green peafowl over several years so they know the birds. I have spoken to all 3 through email or phone but Josh is the only one I have met and talked to in person.

If you want Javanese greens you can get those from any of the three breeders. Josh has 2 options for those. You can get American Greens which are basically Javanese but all from some of the best American stock Josh could find. Or you could get the Javanese (might actually be Malaysian) that are from imported birds (Imported from Wolfgang Mennig in Germany). The difference is the imported birds are better quality and they cost more. If you want one of the other subspecies ( Burmese or Indo-Chinese) I think Josh is the only one that has those and they are out of imports.

If you want a guaranteed pair a young import pair will be $900 each so a total of $1,800.
I forgot the price for an American green pair but it is less than the imports.
Of course if you want an adult green pair it will be even more.

I am now adding Pavo Muticus Imperators chicks to my list
wee.gif

Hoping for the end of June but kinda playing things by ear at this point, i can go any time they are ready going to drive up drop off the ones going to Florida spend the night , go pick up my babies and drive back so not going to stay a week like i thought, now i can hatch all the pea-chicks and keets i want, i sold almost every egg i pulled up untill last saturday, so i am sitting all i can now to sell before my trip, i got a list a mile long for babies,very excited

Back
Top Bottom