Green Poo in baby turkey

newbie11

Chirping
5 Years
May 17, 2016
Floyd, Va
Ok, I've moved my little turkeys into the brooder but one of them has green poo today (it's day 2 in brooder)...I noticed that there also seems to be some dried poo on rear end. I used a Q-tip to wet it and get it all off....and lots more poop came out as I did this. It was white and yellow....now it's returned to the brooder and pooping green...should I be worried? This is my first hatch.

You should be very worried, that's Coccienda and you need to start a round of Corrid treatment immediately. You can buy Corrid or there's also an off brand slightly cheaper type both avalible at TSC.

Your welcome. It is contagious, but I wouldn't attempt quarantine among just a few littles because they probly have all been affected. I'm sure there are quite a few threads made to discuss this issue, and if u use the site Search feature you can find Way more info than I can give you. Best of luck with your littles!

Right it is a cattle med. U should give 'treatment doses' and I'm pretty sure it's one teaspoon per gal of water but research it, it's a very common issue. I've only had it twice but on both occasions that stuff makes the difference in life and death.

Back
Top Bottom