Greetings from Germany!

moetrout

Songster
12 Years
May 5, 2010
Milan, MI
I don't usually write much here on BYC about my personal life, but this week I am in Germany on a work trip and thought it would be a good diversion. I left Detroit at about 7pm yesterday (Saturday) and arrived in Amsterdam about 8am this morning (that's like 3am back home in Michigan). After a couple of hours getting my luggage and the rental car I was finally off on the road trip part. This is the hard part, staying awake for 5 hours while driving in a foriegn country at 200kph (how fast is that anyway?). I finally got to the hotel, it is really nice, and the bed is even soft unlike every other time I have been here! So now I am sitting here reading BYC trying to stay awake. It's 4pm here and I need to try and stay awake until 8pm, and later if I can manage. By the way HERE is in Lemforde Germany. I have four days of meetings and then back to Amsterdam Thursday night. I am going to hang out in Amsterdam Friday and see the city. So at least I have that to look forward to.

Are there any BYC members that live in Germany? As I was sitting here typing this I heard chickens bawking on the tv. Of course that immediately caught my attention, but when I looked over at the tv no chickens to be looked at, just some large German oma playing with a burro. I have no idea what was going on since my german is spotty at best. I have to wonder what do the coups look like in Germany? Germans can be very ingenious. Since space is at a premium here I can only imagine what they might come up with. Anyway here I am, as I have time I will try to post some pics of my trip.

Hello...well first at 200kph you were driving at 124.28 mph. A normal speed for Germany. I lived in Germany for awhile when my husband was stationed there. It is beautiful with tons of culture to, stay safe enjoy. Enjoy your trip and do share pics.

Have fun and you never know what you might see or find. I think I would have a hard time with trying to stay awake also, Maybe someone on here will see you or let you know where you might see some chickens.

Oh have fun! Photos please! I want to go back so bad. My dad will be there for business next month at the Audi plant. Hopefully he has some time to see some sights too!

Please get some rest, as you are surely exhausted from the trip! I hope you enjoy your stay there. We would love to see pictures, if you have time to get some! What chickens do they have there? Hmmm, I do know they have the best New Hampshire chickens in the world, it is said. They also have very nice "English type" fluffy Orpingtons. Hope you get to see some great sites!

I lived there for a few years would love to go back and visit.The beds are very very soft and I love their breakfast.
The black forest area is one of my favorite places there...

Back
Top Bottom