• Other (please share a picture in thread

Results are only viewable after voting.

electrycmonk

_This space intentionally left blank_
Aug 8, 2019
Happily caught in the 'Denton vortex', Tx
My Coop
My Coop
Freezer-palooza tonight. (Reference to my other thread) thought I’d ask a poll separately!

I used the last two rolls. Put a nice layer of Buttah on them 1st.
Then the shredded multi flavor cheese & a little garlic & herb seasoning.

Then they went into the toaster oven for an open face version of “grilled cheese”
BA46B064-1898-46D1-97B9-6206DCBBFEB1.jpeg

Do you have a preferred type of bread?
Mayo vs. buttah????
Prefered cheese(s)?

Do elaborate!

I would say it depends. Are we considering a grilled cheese with extras still as a grilled cheese or is that a melt? People have opinions on that kind of thing.

I would say it depends. Are we considering a grilled cheese with extras still as a grilled cheese or is that a melt? People have opinions on that kind of thing.
The talk of a “melt” starts with a serious amount of protein….

A “grilled cheese” starts with bread & cheese….

Significantly different. So if you start with cheese and then add this and that as accents or condiments….. it’s still a grilled cheese as far As I’m concerned…..

Would sourdough be acceptable?
Sourdough would equal “other” in the poll and also be wise to add background for others.

I for one seriously enjoy sourdough bread.
It has a pedestal status in my history for comfy food as a tuna melt is the proper bread to use for it!

View attachment 3064533

This is how I like mine. Stuffed with black forest ham, an over medium egg, multiple cheeses, and cooked with garlic herbed butter.
Admittedly that’s a ‘Sam’ich or a “melt” not actually a “grilled cheese” because there is so much wonderful protein that the cheese is relegated to a condiment status.

I would ask what your preferred bread is for such a wonderful looking “melt”?

Back
Top Bottom