Ground hogs

Thank you all for your reply!!
We have been dealing with them for over a year now and we are trying to find some one to remove them vs shooting them.
They ate our entire garden last year, which was devastating to us as that feeds the family all winter
We can’t do poisons because of our barn cats and dogs
We have filled in the tunnels several times to no avail
Still hoping to hear back from someone to trap them
Would you like to borrow Bella?

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Ground hogs don't last long up here. Bella likes to kill them if she can catch them.
Yes Sadie and honey will chase them but can’t catch them
Everyone here in Alabama usually just shoots them and we will if we see them but we seldom do
We just see their results
I saw one last evening coming out of my chicken coop, it was after the feed with Boss and eggs which I gather by noon lol
Didn’t have my gun of course

We can’t do poisons because of our barn cats and dogs
I was surprised to read this follow-up post where you mention your dog, because that is what has kept groundhogs away from us. I dimly remember my mom dealing with them in her garden here when I was very young (pre-1970), but none since then. Then sometime after my mom died and her last dog passed away a pair moved in and grew to be a clan.

When my husband and I moved back and he got a dog (lab cross), that dog dug every groundhog hole entrance into a massive crater. He never hurt them, but they clearly no longer liked the neighborhood and I have not seen hide nor hair of a hair of a groundhog since.

I was surprised to read this follow-up post where you mention your dog, because that is what has kept groundhogs away from us. I dimly remember my mom dealing with them in her garden here when I was very young (pre-1970), but none since then. Then sometime after my mom died and her last dog passed away a pair moved in and grew to be a clan.

When my husband and I moved back and he got a dog (lab cross), that dog dug every groundhog hole entrance into a massive crater. He never hurt them, but they clearly no longer liked the neighborhood and I have not seen hide nor hair of a hair of a groundhog since.
Sadie is a German Shepard and isn’t outside all the time, when she is outside they don’t come around
Sadie can’t get to their tunnels as they are in our shed
Honey is a 6 lb toy poodle mix, she ever catches one, well the groundhogs are 2-3 times her size lol
She runs them back to the shed
I can’t borrow Bella as Sadie was a rescue and she doesn’t get along with other dogs at all
Honey lives next door and we have a schedule for them being out

:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom