Growing Chicks Outside of Their Shells: A Thread

ANightPerson

Songster
7 Years
Oct 22, 2016
Massachusetts
If you aren't familiar with this experiment, I recommend doing some research on it.

Next week, I am going to try to grow some chicks and ducklings outside of their shells with an at-home setup. This is going to be my first attempt, and I will continue trying and adapting my recipe until I'm successful. I will be documenting every day and logging their development, and if I'm successful, I will be posting a YouTube video of my results from beginning to end. I am using a modified version of this this method, based on what I have available and what I find necessary.

I'll tell you guys more about it when I start this project next week, but until then, let's discuss. Have any of you guys done this before? Heard about it? Have any advice? Have questions or just want to talk about it? Let's talk below!

I've always been super interested in this and I've wanted to give it a try but heard of the difficulty with bacteria getting into the egg without the shell. Would love to see how this goes and pictures/etc! 😊

I've always been super interested in this and I've wanted to give it a try but heard of the difficulty with bacteria getting into the egg without the shell. Would love to see how this goes and pictures/etc! 😊
I really want to try it when I hatch eggs this summer. I think it's awesome, and would love to see it be successful!

Back
Top Bottom