Grrr, Wanting Something for Nothing & No Appreciation for Fine Hand Quilting....A Rare Speckledhen

Pics
Thank you, Rachel! I made a Tennessee Waltz quilt previously, a pattern I adore, but then, I found a version where the plain Snowball block was replaced with a Churn Dash block and I knew that was the one I had to do for my own spring quilt. I think it turned out beautifully, too. This is the smaller one I made and sold to a very enterprising young BYC member who saved her pennies to buy it, she also loved it so much-you can see the plain snowball blocks where mine have the churn dash ones. Someone would spend a lifetime doing variations of this quilt and nothing else and have endless possibilities:

Last edited:
Oh wow! To me, quilting is just
bow.gif
. I can crochet okay, and sew some, but to piece all those together.....amazing!

Still like the first one better--those are just more my colors, I guess--but can appreciate the beauty of them all.

Oh wow! To me, quilting is just
bow.gif
. I can crochet okay, and sew some, but to piece all those together.....amazing!

Still like the first one better--those are just more my colors, I guess--but can appreciate the beauty of them all.

Oh, I love the spring colors one best, too, Rachel. It was made with my favorites and our own bed in mind. I just didn't think it would still be unfinished at the end of this year.

Thank you, Rachel! I made a Tennessee Waltz quilt previously, a pattern I adore, but then, I found a version where the plain Snowball block was replaced with a Churn Dash block and I knew that was the one I had to do for my own spring quilt. I think it turned out beautifully, too. This is the smaller one I made and sold to a very enterprising young BYC member who saved her pennies to buy it, she also loved it so much-you can see the plain snowball blocks where mine have the churn dash ones. Someone would spend a lifetime doing variations of this quilt and nothing else and have endless possibilities:

I am just in awe of the time, skill, patience and attention to detail needed for your beautiful work! As I am typing my DH has been peeking over my shoulder and is in total agreement and I am going to go back through the thread to show him more of your work.... maybe he will want to order one!

Hubby loves the quilts! His Aunt had owned/operated a quilt shop in a nearby town for years prior to me knowing him... so he is familiar with the time and material intensity involved in the creations.
He said ''it's about time to replace our bed comforter, isn't it?". LOL

I have a coworker/friend who enjoys crocheting. She gave me two kitchen wash towels which are about 7" square. They are made from a very heavy yarn so they stand up to everyday sink use and I absolutely love them!!
When she gave them to me I was looking at them and asked her how long it took her to make them... she said 'not long, they are a simple stitch'... I asked her if she had ever thought of making a bunch of them and then using the same yarn to stitch them together into a blanket. I think it would make a wonderful warm blanket for the back of the couch on a bed or even in the car. I am going to have her teach me a few of the basics after the holidays so I can give it a try myself, though she may beat me to it because she did like the idea.

I am just in awe of the time, skill, patience and attention to detail needed for your beautiful work! As I am typing my DH has been peeking over my shoulder and is in total agreement and I am going to go back through the thread to show him more of your work.... maybe he will want to order one!
You are so kind, thank you. I've only done two bed quilts on commission, well, really three-two for a dear friend (she had to talk me into it, but Ellie can talk me into just about anything-she has a spring one and a winter one) and one for a BYC member who decided he wanted a real-deal handmade quilt. I rarely do bed quilts anymore because of the time and pain it takes me due to the carpal tunnel symptoms. Didn't have those until the last ten years or so, after my thyroid malfunctioned. Doc said that was related to my thyroid, but it is what it is. I refuse to let it stop me completely so I do smaller projects and try to sell them afterward. I have my own bed quilt you saw in the previous post that was my last year's resolution to finish. Well, I have recycled that resolution to make it the one for 2015!
big_smile.png

Hubby loves the quilts! His Aunt had owned/operated a quilt shop in a nearby town for years prior to me knowing him... so he is familiar with the time and material intensity involved in the creations.
He said ''it's about time to replace our bed comforter, isn't it?". LOL

I have a coworker/friend who enjoys crocheting. She gave me two kitchen wash towels which are about 7" square. They are made from a very heavy yarn so they stand up to everyday sink use and I absolutely love them!!
When she gave them to me I was looking at them and asked her how long it took her to make them... she said 'not long, they are a simple stitch'... I asked her if she had ever thought of making a bunch of them and then using the same yarn to stitch them together into a blanket. I think it would make a wonderful warm blanket for the back of the couch on a bed or even in the car. I am going to have her teach me a few of the basics after the holidays so I can give it a try myself, though she may beat me to it because she did like the idea.
Then, your hubby really does know! I like a man who gets it. I also love to crochet those dish/wash cloths. They are cheaper yet better than the better quality ones in the stores and you can just toss them if they wear out without guilt and do another. I have a few afghans I've made, mostly lapghans for sale in our Blue Roo Creations store, but here is the first one I ever did:

Last edited:
Yes I did scotch guard my tablecloth. It looks as beautiful today as it did the day I got it. It washes great and goes right back on the table. Of course I have another one Speckledhen gifted me with that I rotate the two now. Both have been scotch guarded.

Back
Top Bottom