Grrr, Wanting Something for Nothing & No Appreciation for Fine Hand Quilting....A Rare Speckledhen

Pics
Your experience probably is as good as the wheel, but sometimes it may help with a color combination that just wouldn't come to mind as working but actually does.

I imagine that combining texture and pattern are usually worse than just the color alone!
th.gif

Your experience probably is as good as the wheel, but sometimes it may help with a color combination that just wouldn't come to mind as working but actually does.

I imagine that combining texture and pattern are usually worse than just the color alone!
th.gif

Yeah, that can be a bear, too. My problems are less the colors themselves than getting the ones I have to work. Walmart is very limited on what they have and I can't spend too much anyway, so I try my best to use mostly what is in my stash. Just sometimes, nothing there is right with what I'm doing.

Two blocks are finished and the other three are partially pieced (at least the corner checkerboards are) and the rest of the pieces all cut out.

I wasn't sure if I'd put them butted together but now that I see it, I rather like the hourglass pattern they form.

I agree about the pattern looking good direct against itself, it creates a new pattern in a way and makes it look continuous.... a cool effect. Most blocks are obviously separate pieces even when tacked together into the big project, this one is different.

It's the rooster fabric
smile.png
I'd wondered what you were going to do with it.....it looks beautiful with those colors. Love the pattern, also.

It's the rooster fabric
smile.png
I'd wondered what you were going to do with it.....it looks beautiful with those colors. Love the pattern, also.

Wasn't it you who suggested green, Rachel? I didn't have a green, per se, that would have worked, but when Ladyhawk said teal, I remembered I had one big piece and when I pulled it out, it just clicked. So you were right!

I was thinking the red would be better, but I gotta tell you now that you have the blocks going together the green/teal is perfect. It really makes the rooster fabric pop.

It looks great!

Back
Top Bottom