Grrr, Wanting Something for Nothing & No Appreciation for Fine Hand Quilting....A Rare Speckledhen

Pics
Yep, that's what I'm using. This one:
That's exactly the same one I have! (I have a Brother machine as well) It's going to be a matter of getting a sewing pattern that feels right for you. You can do it!!!
celebrate.gif

That's exactly the same one I have! (I have a Brother machine as well) It's going to be a matter of getting a sewing pattern that feels right for you. You can do it!!!
celebrate.gif

You are so sweet to spend the time to help and encourage me. Thanks so much, my friend. I'm not giving up and I will try fresh again tomorrow. So interesting that your screen name is my best friend's real name (Ladyhawk Smith). Well, it is a Cherokee name which translates to that and she goes by that most of the time, though the rest of her name is Catherine.

Last edited:
Raised my tension way up, raised my speed way up, moved the fabric much faster and went "looping" and I think I see a tiny improvement. Is this a tad better? (I know you're not supposed to cross but I'm trying to use only this one swatch)

Compared to last night's fiasco:

Seems odd to try to machine quilt on a thread about hand quilting, but there may come a time when my hands just don't work for that anymore and I hate to lose my craft entirely just because my body won't cooperate. I'm too stubborn, I guess. And besides my chickens, my only hobbies are quilting and crochet. Quilting is my first love, been doing that since the mid-80's, and I just learned to crochet a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Looks like you are getting a lot more comfortable with it!!
woot.gif

I'll wander into my sewing room later - I know I have one piece where my needle was bent and I struggled with free motion quilting for a good hour before realizing what happened... The result was horrific. You'd get a kick out of it!

Back
Top Bottom