Grrr, Wanting Something for Nothing & No Appreciation for Fine Hand Quilting....A Rare Speckledhen

Pics
Interesting thing here. An antique company bought one of my hand quilted table runners recently off Etsy. Now, I see that they will be attending a huge quilt show and sale, featuring hand quilted quilts. Hmm, I'm betting they bought it for resale at twice the price, which, since they are featuring Amish/Mennonite quilts, puts me in the company of some great quilters! I'm actually quite honored. And I'm underselling, LOL!

This is the one they bought:

Gorgeous! That hand stitching is beautiful!!!

Gorgeous! That hand stitching is beautiful!!!

Thank you! Hand quilting is my forte. Machine quilting, on the other hand, is an entirely new skill set I'm determined to master, for no other reason but I can turn out something fairly quickly while I'm slowly slogging through another hand quilted project. My own queen bed quilt? I'm still just now finished with Block #12 of the 35 blocks. I would be further along but I quit to turn out a few smaller ones and back to business. I prefer the creating part of designing and piecing, truth be told.

That table runner is beautiful!
DH keeps saying that we need to put a table cloth on our dining room table because the finish is coming off. It as an Ashley Furniture table and all they used on it was a cheap, wipe-on gel stain. I will never buy that brand of furniture again.
Anyways, I need to make up a couple of table runners for the table. Just a table cloth is too plain for me.

Last edited:
That table runner is beautiful!
DH keeps saying that we need to put a table cloth on our dining room table because the finish is coming off. It as an Ashley Furniture table and all they used on it was a cheap, wipe-on gel stain. I will never buy that brand of furniture again.
Anyways, I need to make up a couple of table runners for the table. Just a table cloth is too plain for me.

Yeah, you pay a lot for any furniture and then it doesn't last well because it's poorly made. I hate that.

I love runners and toppers. You know, I did make an entire quilt for a tablecloth to fit a square dining table, it's in our Etsy shop, but that thing is hand quilted and took forever because it covers most of my queen mattress, about 60" square, I think. So tablecloths don't have to be plain, you can use a small quilt, but just Scotchguard it so spills don't stain it badly.

On my bed, it's shows the corners better:

But, I like making toppers like this one:

My next topper will be called "Deacon's Place", LOL. You recognize the rooster in the center, I'm sure. Going to try doing that one by machine if my better thread from Joann's ever gets here.

I told DH that I would put a sheet of clear plastic over any table cloth that I would put on the table. You can get it fairly cheap at Wal-Mart.
We have 2 cats, they would be laying on the table cloth all the time! just because they shouldn't of course. I have such a hard time with animal hair in the house right now, cat hair on the table cloth may just push me over the edge...

Haha, I just caught Finn walking on the kitchen counter last night for the first time ever. Bad kitty. Yep, they do exactly what they know they aren't supposed to do. Scotchguard all the way, baby!
lol.png

I do hand quilting myself, and you did a beautiful job. It is a shame when people don't appreciate the hard work and time that is put into a piece.
Dawn from NH

Back
Top Bottom