Grrr, Wanting Something for Nothing & No Appreciation for Fine Hand Quilting....A Rare Speckledhen

Pics
I am slowing getting it done. I have 27 2/3 blocks finished out of 35. Maybe I will have this on my bed by June, lol.
(with flash and w/o)

I love quilting...and I have plenty of "material witnesses", HA!
lol.png

Last edited:
It is done. Finally. Had to cut a little off the borders due to a small issue, but really, only an inch on each side so not a huge sacrifice. Machine pieced, hand quilted. Neither house fire nor carpal tunnel shall stop this determined quilter on her appointed mission. Voila! The Fortitude Quilt.

bow.gif

Beautiful! and a quilt to be proud of under any circumstances but doubly so when you know the roadblocks you overcame!

Thank you. I do wish it was wider. I always made my bed quilts too narrow, but the size to me with hand quilting was always daunting. If I can learn to machine quilt and buy that super duper straight stitch workhorse with a big throat space, I'll hopefully be able to do larger quilts. But, it's finished, finally, and I am going to work on a new project today hopefully, using this fabric:

And it's cut out, blocks finished, just need to be attached to each other. Ignore the plaid design wall-my white one was ruined in the 2013 fire. This is a table runner. Was waiting to use the grayish-brown fabric which I ordered online awhile back and it was more gray than the brown I thought it was going to be but matches some of the colors in the bird print perfectly and carries the berries theme on as well.

I always get a little thrill when I find a use for a fabric that didn't work for a project it was bought for. Your new project is looking good!

and your Fortitude Quilt is beautiful! Yay for finishing it!
wee.gif

Last edited:
I always get a little thrill when I find a use for a fabric that didn't work for a project it was bought for. Your new project is looking good!

and your Fortitude Quilt is beautiful! Yay for finishing it!
wee.gif

Thank you! I hope you're getting that small bird quilt of your own finished. Can't wait to see it on your hammock swing!

@speckledhen. Do you mind PMing me the name of where you buy fabric - I have a quilt order and now a baby quilt to do, and have to get my backside in gear!! (Been slacking off building outbuilding for the birdies and watching the babies for the season hatch!!)

@speckledhen . Do you mind PMing me the name of where you buy fabric - I have a quilt order and now a baby quilt to do, and have to get my backside in gear!! (Been slacking off building outbuilding for the birdies and watching the babies for the season hatch!!)

PM sent (along with testimonial, lol)

Back
Top Bottom